Starting the "C" model problem

With the Flying Tigers shark-toothed paint, the P40 is the most famous fighter of the second world war.
new reply
WarHorse47
Senior Airman

Starting the "C" model problem

Post by WarHorse47 »

I recently purchased the WoP3 P-40 and have really been enjoying the aircraft.

Recently I encountered a problem with starting the "C" model (where model=C).

All the other models start fine using the "Ctrl-E" command. However, the "C" model doesn't hold RPMs and eventually stops and I'm unable to restart it. I've used the Shift+3 panel for 'autostart' and the results are the same. On a couple occasions I was able to takeoff, but the RPMs suddenly dropped and there wasn't enough time to raise the landing gear. I've only flown a few flights so the maintenance record shows no damage or anything to the engine. I'm baffled as to what I did to cause loss of engine, and as to why this only happens with this model and not the others.

I did a total reinstall to see if that reset the parameters, but they are the same. Is there an easier way to restore the aircraft/engine parameters so I can enjoy flying the "C" model again?? Or perhaps point me in the right direction so I can correct whatever I did to prevent the aircraft from maintaining RPMs??

Thanks in advance.

WarHorse47
Senior Airman

Re: Starting the "C" model problem

Post by WarHorse47 »

I figured out the errors of my ways. I had expended all the fuel in my Reserve tank, so ... Like, Duh. :shock: Guess I need to pay more attention to the manual.

Thanks for the great aircraft.

--WH

CodyValkyrie
VIP Partner

Post by CodyValkyrie »

I do not recommend using CTRL+E to start any Accusimmed aircraft. With that said I'm glad to hear that you found the issue. Good luck with her. There are lots of little surprises to be had.
ImageImage
ImageImage

WarHorse47
Senior Airman

Post by WarHorse47 »

I just purchased the non-AccuSim version for a start. My standard flight is always a cold start, so apparently the Ctrl-E works for now. To be safe I generally use the menu AutoStart option until I become more familiar with the full cold start procedure.

Thanks for responding.

--WH

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Code,

CTRL-E should work well on the Accu-Sim aircraft. It basically primes the lines and switches on necessary systems, then really winds the engine up to almost guarantee a start.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “P40 Warhawk / Tomahawk”