3D Lights Virtual Cockpit Bug

Turn ON the LIGHTS for Microsoft FS9 / FSX with this all-new version of a great package
new reply
FSXFAN
Airman

3D Lights Virtual Cockpit Bug

Post by FSXFAN »

Hello everyone,

I love these lights but i am having some issues with placing them on certain aircraft mainly the single prop ones that have a light close to the prop and the DC 2 that has a light at the nose,

no matter how close or how far away i place the light , right after take off about 10 to 20 feet off the ground i get a flashing light in my virtual cockpit? after i climb more it goes away, but this is very annoying, also when landing once i get a certain amount of feet above the runway or ground heres comes the flashing again

trust me its not my placement as i said above no matter how far or how close its the same thing,

i have them ridiculously far in front the plane now (about 6 feet) , doesnt even look right from spot veiw and its still showing flashing through my VC panel i will post pictures if no one understands what i mean,

Scott, are you all aware of this issue have you even seen this happen before, its not a Acceleration bug as i had the same problem right after the UIVER DC-2 came out, pre Acceleration,

Seems any aircraft that have a light on the fuselage it does this, come to think of it i have a problem with IRIS T6 Texan also, this plane has 2 lights on the landing gear and i placed 2 3d lights accordingly and i also get the VC bug,

can this be fixed is there something i can do on my end, any help would be greatly appreciated

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Might this be when you are raising the gear?
A2A Simulations Inc.

FSXFAN
Airman

Post by FSXFAN »

negative Scott,

its only when im so many feet above the runway either taking off or landing,

i will take a few screenshots and post when i get a chance, :)

FSXFAN
Airman

Post by FSXFAN »

So im the only one with this problem, ?

hmm can anyone else out there confirm that this is only on my end,

if anyone out there could test this for me i would be thankful, recently i added a 3D light to the front landing gear of the F18 in acceleration and i get a few quick flashes(in the VC) shortly after take off,

but like i said above lights placed to close to the fuselage make flashing white light occur in the VC, to show exactly what i mean i am going to take some screens right now, stand by;

CodyValkyrie
VIP Partner

Post by CodyValkyrie »

I can confirm this happens. Notably when approaching a runway or ground (d'oh!).
ImageImage
ImageImage

FSXFAN
Airman

Post by FSXFAN »

thanks Cody. was beginning to think i was the only one, heres a few screens of what it looks like,

Image Image Image Image

PhilC
Airman

Post by PhilC »

FSXFAN wrote:So im the only one with this problem, ?

hmm can anyone else out there confirm that this is only on my end,

if anyone out there could test this for me i would be thankful, recently i added a 3D light to the front landing gear of the F18 in acceleration and i get a few quick flashes(in the VC) shortly after take off,

but like i said above lights placed to close to the fuselage make flashing white light occur in the VC, to show exactly what i mean i am going to take some screens right now, stand by;
I noticed it last night after reading this thread. You are correct in all of your observations. I was flying the RealAir Scout. I tried adjusting the light and, just as you stated, no position seemed to fix it.
I would guess that it does the same thing when the light is on the wing but it's not in your face. I haven't tested that theory. :)
PhilC 'Snowman'

FSXFAN
Airman

Post by FSXFAN »

yeah it sucks because i really love these lights, and i have yet to place them on many other planes/helicopters i have,
im not going through the trouble because of this bug, but any planes that have lights on wing or off to the side of
the fuselage somewhere i will still use them, but most of my fav aircraft have a light in front or on the landing gear,

I am confident that shockwave will fix it , if its fixable that is :?

Snuffy
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Snuffy »

I tend to think that the flashing of the lights in the cockpit when the landing strut is folding or unfolding would be an indicator of bad welding of surfaces and the light is finding those bad seams.

I personally haven't experienced it but that certainly sounds like it might be the problem. It's not so much the lights problem as it is the aircraft problem.

At this point is sounds like the problem is with tricycles and not tail draggers or planes with lights in the wings, but rather aircraft that have the landing light incorporated on the front strut.
Snuffy

FSXFAN
Airman

Post by FSXFAN »

Snuffy_Hadden wrote:I tend to think that the flashing of the lights in the cockpit when the landing strut is folding or unfolding
i dont think so, i have tried it with all kinds of different planes, your missing the point, happens the same with any plane fixed gear and/or retractable,

when the light is in FRONT of the aircraft or up underneath the fuselage it happens,

take the UIVER DC2 it has lights in the nose, same thing happens i get flashes of light in the VC,

to test it yourself take the fsx default DC-3 and place a light at the nose and see what you get, take off and 20-40 feet in the air you should see flashing,

this may be a videocard driver issue, who knows?

i have a geforce 6800, i have had zero video driver troubles with fsx to date

FYI, shockwave never noticed this before because all the DEFAULT FSX aircraft they placed the lights on have lights in the wings and/or far from directly in front the VC

new reply

Return to “A2A Simulations 3D LIGHTS REDUX”