Carb Light Correction?

A Living Legend
new reply
bluez87
Airman Basic

Carb Light Correction?

Post by bluez87 »

First, I want to add my own loud cheers to the other accolades for a fantastic B-17. In an attempt at the ever elusive perfection and to simulate “real life,” I am trying to get the lights to work properly in the cold start cockpit.

In a previous post, it was pointed out that the carb filter lamps were on when they should be off. The solution was offered to change “the failure action to 1 instead of 0.” The solution was shown as:

<Failures>
<SYSTEM_ELECTRICAL_PANELS Action=”1”/>
</Failures>

I made a previously suggested correction to the aircraft.cfg file but I could not find the file where the above was located. Is this something that should be entirely added to the aircraft.cfg file or is it in some other file?

Should the quotation marks be included? I presume there is no space between the “1” and the forward slash. ? Finally, just to make sure, am I correct in believing that the < > brackets are not needed?

Thanks,
Dennis

ROB - A2A
A2A Colonel

Post by ROB - A2A »

Hi Dennis,

In this case leave the AIRCRAFT.CFG intact.

The change must applied to the lamp itself - to the XML gauge.
The XML gauges are "zipped" in the XB17G.CAB file located in the B17's PANEL folder. You have to extract "Carb Filter OFF.XML" gauge/file, open it in Notepad, change "0" tp "1" in mentioned line and pack the file back into the CAB.

Now you are entiteld to call yourself the XML gauge programmer :)

The brakets and quotation marks must be there as they are the part of the syntax.

regards
ROB

PS. Make a backup of the CAB first.
A2A Simulations Inc.

bluez87
Airman Basic

Post by bluez87 »

Thanks Rob.

You are a tremendous help to people like me who are obssessed with minutia.

In the Shockwave B-17, imagination was never so real.

Dennis

new reply

Return to “B-17 Flying Fortress”