Calculate the power-off stalling speed based on the aircraft

A Living Legend
new reply
Wehner
Senior Airman

Calculate the power-off stalling speed based on the aircraft

Post by Wehner »

First off, thank you for this wonderful beauty. Cannot take my eyes from her. She's such a joy to fly. Excellent.

Back to business:
The manual states:"Calculate the power-off stalling speed based on the aircraft weight." in the landing section. How would I do this (or did I miss something ?).

Another question of mine is: Am I able to drop my payload in FSX or would I have to land with the take off weight?

Any help appreciated.

Regards,
Michael.
Nobody criticized the pilot for making that slow roll. American fighter pilots are supposed to have enough steam in their breeches to try something out of the book once in a while. The fact that he didn't make it was his own business.

Wehner
Senior Airman

Post by Wehner »

really noone ?
Nobody criticized the pilot for making that slow roll. American fighter pilots are supposed to have enough steam in their breeches to try something out of the book once in a while. The fact that he didn't make it was his own business.

John Pimlott
Senior Airman

Post by John Pimlott »

If you refer to page 29 of 33 of the .PDF manual, (Flight Characteristics section, not Landing section as we expected). There is a "Power Off Stalling Speeds-Wheels Up chart" indicating airspeed at various weights with none, half and full flap flight. It covers both B-17F and G models.
Hope this helps.
Best wishes.
John.
:) :)

Wehner
Senior Airman

Post by Wehner »

Thank you a lot John!
My manual has 33 pages, and on the last one is no such chart. It is the manual that came with the download of the WOP B17 II. To what manual do you refer?

Michael.

John Pimlott
Senior Airman

Post by John Pimlott »

Hello Michael. :D
I refer to page 29 of the 33 page .PDF manual as downloaded with the B-17 package. The part which is a facsimile of the original B-17 manual. It's only a small reference, but it's there in mine at least.
Best wishes.
John.
:)

Wehner
Senior Airman

Post by Wehner »

John Pimlott wrote:Hello Michael. :D
I refer to page 29 of the 33 page .PDF manual as downloaded with the B-17 package. The part which is a facsimile of the original B-17 manual. It's only a small reference, but it's there in mine at least.
Best wishes.
John.
:)
Oh my, you are right! I overlooked it ... man, after all this time!

Thank you a lot!

Michael

new reply

Return to “B-17 Flying Fortress”