Excellent aircraft!!

A Living Legend
new reply
46th_Terror
Staff Sergeant

Excellent aircraft!!

Post by 46th_Terror »

I have been away from the community for health reasons for a couple of months now. I had a little time tonight and figured I would check in here. And what do I find but a FSX spefic B-17. I have purchased and taken it for a quick test flight tonight. Al I can say is I am stunned. I am going to take it for a true flight tomorrow and I am really looking foreward to it. The detials I have already noticed were just incredible. To Scott and the crew you have truely done an excellent job with this aircraft.

Robert

dutch506
Senior Airman

Post by dutch506 »

OK...OK...OK...

I had to try it. So, after a flawless purchase and installation, I took her around the patch at Wurtsmith (KOSC).

After all the high standards set by the first B-17, I didn't think Shockwave could do any better.

BUT YOU DID!!!!!!!!

What a great flying bird! Fantastic in all respects!

Shockwave, you have once again raised the standard of excellence in virtual aviation!

Unfortunately, my wife is going to need a crowbar to get me away from flying the Fortress now.... :roll:
524 BMS, 379 BMW, WAFB, MI
346 TES/B-52 Test Flight
AFGA - RRVA

Image[/

ROB - A2A
A2A Colonel

Re: Excellent aircraft!!

Post by ROB - A2A »

46th_Terror wrote:I have been away from the community for health reasons for a couple of months now. I had a little time tonight and figured I would check in here. And what do I find but a FSX spefic B-17. I have purchased and taken it for a quick test flight tonight. Al I can say is I am stunned. I am going to take it for a true flight tomorrow and I am really looking foreward to it. The detials I have already noticed were just incredible. To Scott and the crew you have truely done an excellent job with this aircraft.

Robert
Welcome back Terror. Any chances for FSX missions from you?

regards
ROB
A2A Simulations Inc.

46th_Terror
Staff Sergeant

Post by 46th_Terror »

Thanks Rob :) I have a mission working. Have to change the aircraft now :). But it needs a lot of little detials that I am not sure I will have time to get in to it. I am looking for a partner of sorts to finish it tho.

JJB17463rdBombGroup
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by JJB17463rdBombGroup »

I'm glad you are back Terror sorry to hear that you had some health problems.
Son of a U.S.A.A.F. 15th Air Force 463rd bomb group 772nd squadron B17 pilot.

tewart
Airman Basic

Post by tewart »

I totally agree. I have an old 32 bit AMD 3200+ machine overclocked to 2.22 GHZ. I was surprised to see how well this plane performs with FSX. Being a private pilot, the statement made about this being a pilots airplane is very true. It is very stable. What I am most impressed with is how the plane reacts to chop and turbulance. Shockwave, you truly have a winner here. Now I need to spend $1000.00 and make a 64 bit box so I can get all the eye candy FSX offers. My wife may divorce me when I ask her LOL :shock:
Keep your wings Level!!!

new reply

Return to “B-17 Flying Fortress”