Best B17 virtual model so far - SCREENS

A Living Legend
new reply
madbadvlad
Senior Airman

Best B17 virtual model so far - SCREENS

Post by madbadvlad »

Coupled with FSX and a new detailed B-17 3D model this has to be the best B-17 I have flown in a sim so far. As someone who started with the first Microprose iteration of the B-17 with all its clunky pixellated graphics I can really appreciate the detail and attention that has gone into this version. Fully working selectable controls and the most realistic B-17 flight model I have had the pleasure to fly.

Many thanks to the guys at Shockwave for delivering this to us so quickly after the release of FSX.

My system is moderate: AMD 64 3700+, Gainward 7800GS+ 512mb (actually a 7900 GT chip overclocked), 2 Gigs of PC 2700 twinned corsair value RAM, Audigy 2ZS sound. 1280x1024x32 LCD res 60Hz

Running FSX with UK Horizon VFR scenery, all settings at medium except sparse autogen. No stutter ! No idea about frame rate as I don't bother with that, if it looks good and plays well I don't need to know the frame rate!

Here are some screenies taken over Wales, UK and in the Swiss Alps

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Little by little, people are beginning to realize just the quantum leap forward this pure FSX, Wings of POWER II: B17 is.
A2A Simulations Inc.

madbadvlad
Senior Airman

Post by madbadvlad »

And so they should! It is really quite superb. I think a lot of people just think this is the FS2004 model patched for FSX when it is actually a completely re-worked model with greater accessibility to controls. Great job Scott and the rest of the guys who brought this to us, cannot thank you enough as a virtual and real-life B-17 fan :D

new reply

Return to “B-17 Flying Fortress”