Prospective Buyer

A Living Legend
new reply
VirtualCaptain
Airman Basic

Prospective Buyer

Post by VirtualCaptain »

Hi,

The new B-17 looks absolutely stunning! I own the previous FS9 version. I am ready to purchase right now but would like a couple of questions answered if possible:

-Were more switches/systems added to this new version or are they the same with regards to the old FS9 version?

-How much of the vc is clickable? Compared to the 2D panel would you say that they are both equal in terms of functionality or does the 2D panel offer more? Its important to me since I prefer to only fly from the vc and try to avoid 2D panels where possible.

Thanks in advance! :D

Best Regards,
Anastasio

ICDP
BDG & A2A

Post by ICDP »

Hi,

The new B-17 has much more functionalitiy in it's clickable VC. The old one had a few critical switches missing IMHO but the new one has all relevant switches present.

CodyValkyrie
VIP Partner

Re: Prospective Buyer

Post by CodyValkyrie »

VirtualCaptain wrote:Hi,

-Were more switches/systems added to this new version or are they the same with regards to the old FS9 version?
The VC was completely remade from the ground up.
-How much of the vc is clickable? Compared to the 2D panel would you say that they are both equal in terms of functionality or does the 2D panel offer more? Its important to me since I prefer to only fly from the vc and try to avoid 2D panels where possible.
Since the VC is completely remade the functionality of the VC is signifigantly higher than previous models. The interior model is detailed down to even the suit heaters and cabin heat levers.

In short, this is a fully featured VC aircraft.
ImageImage
ImageImage

ROB - A2A
A2A Colonel

Re: Prospective Buyer

Post by ROB - A2A »

VirtualCaptain wrote: -How much of the vc is clickable? Compared to the 2D panel would you say that they are both equal in terms of functionality or does the 2D panel offer more? Its important to me since I prefer to only fly from the vc and try to avoid 2D panels where possible.
In short you can do more in VC than in 2D

regards
ROB
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “B-17 Flying Fortress”