Problem on installation B-17 in FSX

A Living Legend
new reply
Peritas
Airman

Problem on installation B-17 in FSX

Post by Peritas »

Hi! I have FSX in "D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator" and no WOP WWII FIGHTERS. Yesterday, I have bought B-17 from SIMMARKET, but the setup don't complete the installatione because "File corruption is found in FSX directory. This wouldlike be corrected by reinstalling FSX and then WOP WWII FIGHTERS (...)". Can you help me? :(

Peritas
Airman

Post by Peritas »

Thank you very much for your reply!
I have lost my money, but you a customer...

CodyValkyrie
VIP Partner

Post by CodyValkyrie »

Ensure you select the base directory of Flight Simulator X. The standard directory is c:\program files\microsoft games\microsoft flight simulator x. If you changed the location of FSX during install it might not be able to locate it. Find the directory and install into the base folder of FSX

That "should" fix the issue.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Peritas
Airman

Post by Peritas »

I have tried to install the set-up in the standard directory, that I have made and registered in XP registry, but it don't works. I don't understand because the set-up writes about WOP WWII FIGHTERS? Any idea?

CodyValkyrie
VIP Partner

Post by CodyValkyrie »

WOPII: Fighters has nothing to do with this particular aircraft. Perhaps one of the devs with more experience can answer your question suitably. Give them a little time :)
ImageImage
ImageImage

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

The WWII Reference is a wrong reference in the error code - just ignore that.

The only time the corrupt message comes up is if the installer is not pointed to the right FSX install patch. 99% of the time this is done automatically, but if something on your system is not correct with the FSX install, it can cause this path to be wrong. Just make sure the B17 installer is pointed to your correct FSX install path (typically C:\program files\microsoft games\flight simulator X) and it will install correctly.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Peritas
Airman

Post by Peritas »

First time your set-up has found my directory in D:, but it did'nt work.
Second time, I have created a new standard directory in C: with new files (exe and dll) from the FSX'DVD: this directory was registered in XP register and your set-up found it, but without changes: it don't works.
This is the first addon that makes this problem to my FSX.

Regards,

Luca

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Perritas, I don't follow. What do you mean setup a new standard directory? The only thing that can cause this is the installer not finding the FSX files.

I just made this little utility that will check for the FSX file locations. It will search and list the registry where your computer thinks FSX is installed, and also search that location for FSX.EXE. Please run this and tell me what it says.

http://www.shockwaveproductions.com/win ... x_text.exe

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Peritas
Airman

Post by Peritas »

I have now C:/Programmi/Microsoft Games/Microsoft Flight Simulator X.
In this directory I have only FSX.exe.
Your utility (thanks!) confirm that I can install in this directory the addon.
But my B-17 set-up stop with the message that I have before written.
Why?

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Because the installer needs to check / verify other files before installing. Just point the installer to your actual FSX directory and it will work.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

bloodyHeap
Airman

Post by bloodyHeap »

It isn't a pirated copy of FSX is it? Hate to ask that, but that might give an error.

Peritas
Airman

Post by Peritas »

My FSX isn't a pirated copy!
The Simmarket copy needs a password?
Or the Simmarket copy is not corrected?

Peritas
Airman

Post by Peritas »

EUREKA! I have installed your set-up in my FSX backup directory (not customized) and now your aircraft is flying! Very nice!

Bye!

new reply

Return to “B-17 Flying Fortress”