Computer Loan

A Living Legend
new reply
mudmarine
Staff Sergeant

Computer Loan

Post by mudmarine »

Can anyone loan me some money so I can buy a new system that can handle FSX? Then I could buy WoP's new B-17!! I've been waiting for a new WoP bird for awhile now. I'm just sad! Sad because it looks like FS2004 users are going to be forgotten about. Maybe the the upcoming patch I'll be able to get something better than a 7-9 framerate with FSX. It's just "strange" because my current system can run some high frames with FS9? I guess I should have seen it coming; no more WoP joy for MudMarine for awhile. :cry: S/F MudMarine

Snuffy
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Snuffy »

TigerDirect.com issues their own credit ....

Give em a try MM, I just bought a new Core 2 SLI capable machine with 2 gigs of ram etc ... for 1200.00 +/- on a CC from them. Tiger's CC is financed with Wells Fargo.
Snuffy

Krazy
Airman

Post by Krazy »

WQhat specs you have on your system now Mud? Are you using demo or real vers FSX? Mine ran poor with demo and fine with real vers!

mudmarine
Staff Sergeant

Post by mudmarine »

The point is FSX is a huge disapointment. I have the box CD version of FSX deluxe. I've tried every fix, etc. Still looks like a slide show. It should work out of the box anyway! That's why I call FSX the $70 game that costs $3,000 to play. I don't want a loan or new computer, unless it comes from the FSX development team, the one I have runs FS9 max'd with NO problem. FSX is a prime example of the next best, biggest thing isn't always the best. Example: All the sand in upstate New York. We don't have sand, mostly green stuff like trees etc. The other point is, I've been waiting for something from WoP for a while now. I should have figured it would be for FSX only but I didn't see it coming. Hence, the disapointment. S/F MudMarine

JJB17463rdBombGroup
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by JJB17463rdBombGroup »

Have you downloaded this yet ? Photo-Based Scenery Add-On Update
http://www.fsinsider.com/Downloads/

I've heard Intel was going to drastically lower their microprocessor prices in a month or two.I too have a computer that's starting to be long in the tooth.
Son of a U.S.A.A.F. 15th Air Force 463rd bomb group 772nd squadron B17 pilot.

bloodyHeap
Airman

Post by bloodyHeap »

One key for everyone...the absolutely first thing you turn all the way down to improve your performance is the autogen sliders...these kill your graphics and processing power very quickly...I mean come on who need to see trees.

Global textures are maxed, lens flare checked rest off.
aircraft is max minus casting shadows on self.
Scenery is almost maxed with regards to autogen density which is 0
cloud draw min with detailed cloud and medium coverage
traffic at 0 (I mainly fly MP anyway)

and I am running 1.5G DDR400
AMD 2.4
AGP 7600GS 512 DDR2

That is by no means a fast computer to today's standard and is rather average and I never have a problem with FSX...

1) DEFRAG YOUR HD
2) DON'T run your computer for 1 week straight.
3) CLOSE all background applications.

keep these things and mind and you will surley have an improved performance.

Hope this helps a bit.

[EK]Green Knight
Airman Basic

Post by [EK]Green Knight »

Last month I purchased a barebones kit from Tiger Direct. It came with:

AMD Athlon 64 FX-60 CPU
ASUS PCI express motherboard
Mid Case Tower
500 watt power supply
Ultra X wind copper cpu fan
Case Fans

All of the above for the low price of $400. Heck, 4 months ago the CPU alone was $1100

I added a GeForce 7900 GT PCI express video card for $150, a DVD player for $30, a 16 MB cache 250 GB WD Harddrive for $50

and gutted my other comp for the 2 GiG's of RAM and Soundblaster Audigy 2 soundcard

So for $600 I have a system that runs FSX on very high settings with no lag at all. It's a real blast flying the WOP II Zero between the " trees that really look like trees."

Heavy552a
Airman Basic

Post by Heavy552a »

I built a system about 3 years ago based on the Prescott 3 gig CPU and the ASUS Motherboard (P4p-800-E Deluxe) and running 2 gig of Kingston Ram (Hyper-x matched set) backed by a Antec Nine Hundred Case and a 7800 oc Video Card and no trouble running FSX Deluxe at acceptable frame rates at medium high on everything. I run the game on a RAID 0 set of two SATA drives away from the C:\

You probably can build something similar for about a thousand dollars. It aint perfect and is getting long in the tooth these days but can still run modern shooter infantry games like 2142 and others with a acceptable performance.

When I assembled this system it was roughly 1500 dollars in parts plus nickel and diming to death in shipping. The older parts have since been replaced with upgraded componets. I used a 6800 video card until it finally burned up I recall the cost was 470 retail and the new replacement video card was not even 200 dollars and still ran good.

It is far better to save the money, build your own machine and have it free and clear instead of borrowing money to pay interest on a machine that will require upgrades and repair in the future.

By the way, I dont even try to max out my machine with FSX or WOP, if it flies without stutter, it's good enough for me.

Now if I can get them to fix the Multiplayer problem....

new reply

Return to “B-17 Flying Fortress”