prop animation

A Living Legend
new reply
bulletproof
Airman

prop animation

Post by bulletproof »

flew a pattern and the aircraft looks great, but i noticed after the engines are running there are'nt any visible prop animations or at least it is very hard to see them.

ROB - A2A
A2A Colonel

Post by ROB - A2A »

Well, in FSX the prop disk rotation isn't quite smooth. I call it a "hiccup": propeller disk spins round and from time to time flutters. To observ this try the stock DC3, Military Surplus skin. The black propellers in this skin demonstrates the "hiccup" very good. Or rather bad.

We decided to make the propeller disks solid to avoid this effect.
BTW the solid disks are what we observe in real life using naked eye.

MS developers have left some notes in the SDK about need for better solution with regard to propeller rotations.

Similar notes refer to wheel rotations. Tires like to stop their spining right away the aircraft is in the air, even 1 inch above the ground. I managed to fix this at some degree but what I do expect is official FSX update. Let's hope we will get it fixed soon.

regards
ROB

PS. Yes, I know the FS9 converted aircrafts don't have this problem. Don't ask me :)
A2A Simulations Inc.

bulletproof
Airman

Post by bulletproof »

thanks for the info, your definitly right hopefully the update fixes this and again great job on this aircraft.

new reply

Return to “B-17 Flying Fortress”