Is there a way of using the Saitek/Logitech Multi Panel to adjust heading?

A Living Legend
new reply
Masterius
Senior Airman

Is there a way of using the Saitek/Logitech Multi Panel to adjust heading?

Post by Masterius »

Windows 10 Pro, Version 10.0.19045 Build 19045; Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7820X CPU @ 3.60GHz, 3600 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 16 Logical Processor(s); Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 64.0 GB; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080; P3Dv5.3.17.28160; LINDA 3.3.5.1363; FSUIPC6, Version 6.1.9; Orbx (BASE pack, openLC North America, Buildings HD, TerraFlora v2, Airport Pack); Chaseplane v1.2.58.0; ASP3D v1.0.8080.26231.

I've recently acquired the Saitek/Logitech Multi Panel, primarily for the ability to quickly set Altitude, VS, and Heading without the need to use the mouse and/or keyboard. For the most part I'm satisfied, except I've run into a slight "snag" regarding the Heading, and one that, after encountering it, makes sense but I'm hoping there is a workaround. I primarily fly the A2A B-17 Flying Fortress, which has two useable autopilots: the realistic version the B-17s actually used and the FSX-style. If the HDG button of the Multi Panel is not selected and I set the rotary selector knob to HDG I can see the heading value changing on the panel display. However, the Flux Gate does not move. And when I then toggle the HDG button on, the heading value of the Multi Panel instantly changes to the heading of the Flux Gate. Subsequent rotation of the adjustment knob of the Multi Panel accomplishes nothing: the value may flicker up or down but the moment to knob ceases rotation the value locks again at the Flux Gate value.

I've been adjusting the Flux Gate heading using the FSX commands of VOR1_OBI_INC and VOR1_OBI_DEC (I have them assigned via LINDA and FSUIPC using a mode switch to toggle between one degree and ten degree adjustments) but I'd really prefer using the actual Multi Panel itself.

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Is there a way of using the Saitek/Logitech Multi Panel to adjust heading?

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi Masterius.
As far as i know you need to turn the knob on the Flux Gate gauge on A2A B17 , to check your Multi panel is working ok , test it on another aircraft , i dont have this saitek/logitek panel , so cannot say for certain , have you tried writing a script to mimic the keyboard commands that A2A B17 uses for turning the flux gate hdg and tied to the saitek/logitek multi panel hdg knob.
regards Alan. 8)

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tomas Linnet »

Did you try the "CRS" mode instead? I'm pretty sure that's what I'm using
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

Masterius
Senior Airman

Post by Masterius »

Tomas Linnet wrote: 28 Dec 2022, 07:15 Did you try the "CRS" mode instead? I'm pretty sure that's what I'm using
And that is, indeed, the mode needed. Thanks so much!

new reply

Return to “B-17 Flying Fortress”