Is there any way of assigning engine sounds only to external speakers?

A Living Legend
new reply
Masterius
Senior Airman

Is there any way of assigning engine sounds only to external speakers?

Post by Masterius »

The subject line pretty much says it all.

I'm using P3Dv5. From what I can see, I can only assign all sounds (engines, cockpit, environment) together. What I'd like to do is just have the engines only played over the external speakers while all other sounds are played through my headset.

Masterius
Senior Airman

Re: Is there any way of assigning engine sounds only to external speakers?

Post by Masterius »

I didn't think this was a terribly difficult question to answer, but it seems I was mistaken.

MkIV Hvd
A2A Mechanic

Post by MkIV Hvd »

It’s relatively easy for me…no, not going to happen. It’s going to be all or nothing unless someone else has a brilliant hack.

I have been wrong before……

Cheers,
Rob
Last edited by MkIV Hvd on 15 Nov 2022, 19:45, edited 1 time in total.
Rob Wilkinson
A2A: Civilian Mustang, T-6, Bonanza, Comanche, Cub, C182, Spitfire, P-40, Cherokee, P-51 - VATSIM P4 and some other stuff...

ratty
Technical Sergeant

Post by ratty »

Rob's right, can't be done. You can separate "voice" in the P3D sound menu, but you can't discriminate the aircraft sounds.

FlipS
Senior Airman

Post by FlipS »

As far as I know it depends on the capabilities of your pc's sound card.

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

Whenever I fly with headset on, I try to have all the sounds coming through the headset. My pre-flight routine is to:
  • Do a restart on the computer.
    Once the computer is fully running, I plug in my headset, then right click on the little speaker icon and select "open volume mixer."
    Start Active Sky
    Start P3D and wait for it to load, then set the scenario.
    Start Little Nav Connect. This is because I have the LNV flight plan loaded up on my Surface Pro on the side.
    If flying with the Misfit Squadron I start JoinFS and select the Digital Theme Park server.
    Fire up Discord, go to the A2A Community and open MP Flying Chat 1.
If I do all that stuff in the correct sequence, I get all the sounds coming from my headset and no complaints from my wife.

Sometimes I'm in too much of a hurry, and I forget to plug in my headset before starting P3D. On times that I have done that I've got the engine sound coming from the external PC speakers, and I've got comms on the headset. Could be it's just a peculiarity of my setup, but at least we know that it's not totally impossible.

Seeya
ATB

twsharp12
Staff Sergeant

Post by twsharp12 »

Paughco wrote: 20 Nov 2022, 02:18 Whenever I fly with headset on, I try to have all the sounds coming through the headset. My pre-flight routine is to:
  • Do a restart on the computer.
    Once the computer is fully running, I plug in my headset, then right click on the little speaker icon and select "open volume mixer."
    Start Active Sky
    Start P3D and wait for it to load, then set the scenario.
    Start Little Nav Connect. This is because I have the LNV flight plan loaded up on my Surface Pro on the side.
    If flying with the Misfit Squadron I start JoinFS and select the Digital Theme Park server.
    Fire up Discord, go to the A2A Community and open MP Flying Chat 1.
If I do all that stuff in the correct sequence, I get all the sounds coming from my headset and no complaints from my wife.

Sometimes I'm in too much of a hurry, and I forget to plug in my headset before starting P3D. On times that I have done that I've got the engine sound coming from the external PC speakers, and I've got comms on the headset. Could be it's just a peculiarity of my setup, but at least we know that it's not totally impossible.

Seeya
ATB
Seems to be the case for me as well. Accidentally unplugging my USB headphone midflight means I'll be flying without aircraft sound in my headset, only coms.

new reply

Return to “B-17 Flying Fortress”