Windshield rain effect fps.

A Living Legend
Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Windshield rain effect fps.

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hey Memey,

please stop troubleshooting now and just keep running with no rain enabled in the meantime. Nick just posted to me that he is able to re-produce and he has similar system to yours, we are looking into it.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

HE11DUDE04
Staff Sergeant

Post by HE11DUDE04 »

Lewis - A2A wrote: 14 Jan 2022, 06:18 Hey Memey,

please stop troubleshooting now and just keep running with no rain enabled in the meantime. Nick just posted to me that he is able to re-produce and he has similar system to yours, we are looking into it.

thanks,
Lewis
That's great to hear!! and thanks for assisting, hopefully you guys get it sorted out with ease.
AKA "Memey"

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Memey,

Please can you try replacing the current copy of the "Windshield.ini" file for the B-17 with this version which will hopefully eliminate the frame rate drop you've detected. The file in question is located in the "Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\A2A\SimObjects\Airplanes\A2A_b17g" folder. You may want to make a back-up of the current file first, in case you wish to switch back to it.

Thanks,
Nick

P.S. Don't worry if your web browser panics a bit about downloading a *.ini file - it's perfectly safe! :)
A2A Simulations Inc.

HE11DUDE04
Staff Sergeant

Post by HE11DUDE04 »

Nick - A2A wrote: 17 Jan 2022, 17:35 Hi Memey,

Please can you try replacing the current copy of the "Windshield.ini" file for the B-17 with this version which will hopefully eliminate the frame rate drop you've detected. The file in question is located in the "Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\A2A\SimObjects\Airplanes\A2A_b17g" folder. You may want to make a back-up of the current file first, in case you wish to switch back to it.

Thanks,
Nick

P.S. Don't worry if your web browser panics a bit about downloading a *.ini file - it's perfectly safe! :)
Thanks a lot!!! The fps drop appears to be fixed now.
I've deleted the old file as I wasn't using it anyway.
Now I just need to find some rain :D.
AKA "Memey"

new reply

Return to “B-17 Flying Fortress”