A Living Legend
new reply
frankie1029
Airman

Cannot open the manual

Post by frankie1029 »

Hello Everyone,
It's a beautiful day for flying from where I'm sitting! LOL

I'm trying to access the pilots manual and the Accu-sim manual for the B-17 by using the start menu on my PC. But when I click on the manuals to open them, I get a message saying "Windows is searching for A2A B17 Accusim Manual.pdf"
Is this normal?

Thanks,
FC

P.S. I have no problem uninstalling and re-installing the B17 to see if that works. But I am afraid this will cause me to lose the data that I have saved for the B17. I have a lot of hours flown in it. If anyone can confirm that I will not lose my data, I will do this.

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Cannot open the manual

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
What win operating system are you using , i am on win 7 home premium and use FSXA , and my manuals are on win start\All Programs\A2A Simulations\Wings of Power ii B17\then i have a choice of Accusim Manual or Pilots Manual or JoystickConfigurator , the manuals open up via the internet in my case firefox , my internet is quick so its not that noticable on haveing to wait for the manuals to open , so i would say the issue you had was caused by the internet .
regards Alan. 8)

frankie1029
Airman

Post by frankie1029 »

I am using Windows 10, on P3d V4. I even tried opening the files using multiple systems, (Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome) and still I get the same message.

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

Frankie, you can access the manual at the top of this thread, the second pinned topic from the top. Download it and save to the folder of your choice.

Otherwise, in the lower left is a blue windows icon, I left click on that, near the top is an icon for “All Apps” left click on that should bring up a series of alphabetizes boxes. Left click on the one that says “A2A” in that selection you can find the one for B-17 Pilots Manual P3D4.

Probably downloading from the top of this forum is easier!😂

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Frankie,

By default the manual should be installed in the "Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\A2A\A2A\B17" folder. Please can you check to see if the file itself is there? It's titled "A2A B17 Accusim Manual.pdf".

Reinstalling won't remove the "B17log.dat" file which records the hours on the airframe and engine and so on. However, if you'd like to make a manual backup of this file, it can be found in the "Documents\A2A\FSX\B17" folder.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “B-17 Flying Fortress”