incorrect gear call on gear down

A Living Legend
new reply
alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

incorrect gear call on gear down

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
Today while doing some legs of a round the world tour , on joinFS with TS3 for coms , i got a strange error .
I was approaching KBWG , i slowed to just below 150 MPH , and lowered my gear for a touch and go , the crew reported tail wheel down , then instead of main gear down , as expected , i got main gear up from the crew , i had to look out of the left and right windows , which confirmed the gear was down , which matched the green gear light on the panel , after touch and go , i selected the gear up , and confirmed gear up , with panel light off and visual out of windows , and also confirmed by correct crew call .
I am hoping it was a temporary glitch from joinFS via simconnect , so far this is a one off , and i will be keeping an eye on this .
regards Alan. 8)

HE11DUDE04
Staff Sergeant

Re: incorrect gear call on gear down

Post by HE11DUDE04 »

I had a similar issue the other day during engine start, I was told that number 3 was starting up when I started 1.
I've not noticed anything like it before, so hopefully it's just a super rare bug.
AKA "Memey"

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
This morning with FSXA/TS3/joinFS/trackIR5 running on win7 64 home system , i got another incorrect gear call in the B17 by the crew , while preparing to land at KIER , i selected the gear down , and was surprised when crew said TAILWHEEL UP , followed by a green gear light and crew call of MAIN GEAR DOWN , an external view confirmed all gear down , matching the gear light on panel .
This is the second time an incorrect gear call has happened on joinFS .
What i think might be happening , is as someone joins or leaves joinFS , it triggers a momentary corruption of simconnect , that is used by FSXA/trackIR5/joinFS/A2A B17 , and then you get the incorrect gear call , and it does not happen all the time , which makes finding the issue very hard to impossible to pin down.
regards Alan. 8)

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tomas Linnet »

Hi Alan

Did you report this to Peter?

BTW, finally got my rig back together after almost a year, I hope to join you and the 91st on a mission soon.
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi Tomas.
No i have not as yet reported it to Peter , as this is just a theory that i have not yet proven , as the issue is random and difficult to pin down .
As for you being able to fly with the 91st again , i look forward to you joining us on missiions once again , we are presently doing a round the world fun flight in the B17 between the missions .
regards Alan. 8)

new reply

Return to “B-17 Flying Fortress”