FSX version B17 Throttle Lock not working FIXED

A Living Legend
new reply
alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

FSX version B17 Throttle Lock not working FIXED

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
On my FSX acceleration install of the B17 fully updated , the throttle lock does not work , it is permenantly off , no matter where the lever lock position is.
I am sure it used to work , my controls go through FSUIPC4 , PC is win7 , i have tried removing FSUIPC to see if it was corrupt , but throttle lock in ALL/OFF/23 positions , the throttles can still be moved by mouse or controllers.
I have looked in code_r.xml and compared with a friends P3D instal whos throttle lock works , and the throttle lock section is identical .
i have looked in status4.xml and found two sections dealing with throttle lock , and the two sections off my status 4 are different , as if some code might be missing , but as yet unable to confirm this
When i did a LUA control readout and operated the throttle lock from OFF/ALL/OFF/23 positions it registered the following:-

ThrottleLeverLock=1
ThrottleLeverLockPct=50
ThrottleLeverLock=2
ThrottleLeverLock=1
ThrottleLeverLockPct=50
ThrottleLeverLock=0
ThrottleLeverLockPct=0
ThrottleLeverLock=1
ThrottleLeverLockPct=50

regards Alan. 8)
Last edited by alan CXA651 on 09 Mar 2021, 04:30, edited 1 time in total.

Masterius
Senior Airman

Re: FSX version B17 Throttle Lock not working

Post by Masterius »

Have you installed the latest update? It fixed that issue for me.

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: FSX version B17 Throttle Lock not working

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi Masterius.
If you read my post fully , you will note that i stated it is fully updated .
regards Alan. 8)

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: FSX version B17 Throttle Lock not working FIXED

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
HEADS UP for those who use LG G502 HERO mouse for controls , THIS was the cause of my throttle lock issue , i was correct in saying the throttle locks used to work , the problem was found by buying a cheap remote mouse and throttle locks worked with this , so i put my G502 back in action and turned of the cheap mouse , throttle locks did not work , on investigation the fix turned out to be simple .
1/open LG HUB
2/click on the G502
3/at the top left under PERSISTANT CONFIGURATION you will see DESKTOP Default click on the arrow
4/select FLIGHT SIMULATOR X
thottle locks now work , this issue has been driving me nuts trying to figure out the cause.
regards Alan. 8)

new reply

Return to “B-17 Flying Fortress”