Accusim sounds not working..

A Living Legend
new reply
N602AC
Senior Airman

Accusim sounds not working..

Post by N602AC »

Hey there..I bought the B17 for P3Dv4 recently and I just moved to a new city so last night I got the chance to try it out for the first time.

The only sounds that work are the engine running sounds, and the sound that plays when you turn the battery on. Nothing else works.

This also happened when I bought the Cub for P3Dv4 and that problem still exists as well. Here's that thread: viewtopic.php?f=65&t=69834

It's strange though because all my other Accusim aircraft work as they should. So now I have to wonder: What is common between the Cub and the B17 that is different from the rest of your products when it comes to the sound code?

I believe therein may lie a clue to the problem I'm having, and I'm sure it's something to do with my computer but any info relating to the answer to my above question would be greatly appreciated!

Dan

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Accusim sounds not working..

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Dan,

Both the Cub and B-17 use a slightly earlier generation of Accu-Sim and the sound effects are dependent on the OpenAL API. It seems that something about your setup is preventing this from operating at it should.

Looks like we went through the troubleshooting process pretty exhaustively in the thread you linked above, so I don't think there's much point in going back over the same ground. However, please can you just confirm exactly what sort of audio playback device you're currently using, and how is it physically connected to your PC?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “B-17 Flying Fortress”