Tuning your C-1 Autopilot

A Living Legend
new reply
Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Tuning your C-1 Autopilot

Post by Jacques »

Just on the off chance anyone wants to use the C-1 instead of the default autopilot (or wants a short break from hand flying) here are some tunings that someone posted years ago. Of course, playing with them on your own is encouraged, but these initial settings will get you stabilized and you can adjust further as you see fit.

C-1 Tuning:

Aileron Rudder Elevator

CENTERING 0, 0, 0

SENSITIVITY 40, 64, 40

RATIO 45, 27, 15

TURN COMP 35, 09, -50

Here is a link to the manual: https://ww2aircraft.net/forum/threads/c ... ual.11002/

I can see this posted “condensed”. The first number is Aileron, the second for Rudder the the third is for the Elevator.

DrumsArt
Staff Sergeant

Re: Tuning your C-1 Autopilot

Post by DrumsArt »

Thank you for sharing, very interesting... 8)

Richard.
Richard Portier
MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel i7-4770K [email protected] x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB|Windows10 Pro 64|Fsx Accel|P3Dv4.5HF2|Rex|Saitek Pro Flight Yoke/Rudder/Quadrant/Switch Panel|ThrustMaster Hotas Warthog|ActiveSky P3Dv4+Asca|Mce|All A2A

Patrick Mussotte
Airman

Post by Patrick Mussotte »

Thank you so much for the manual. I found the C1 pretty unresponsive(Fortunately the plane is really stable when trimmed) , I will try these settings!
Cheers

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

The turn knob (upper left) commands become more pronounced the further left or right you move it. I always follow the manual by starting and finishing a turn at “Zero” before moving the dial back to “ Center”. It works really well with the listed tunings applied before using the C-1 in flight!
A2A did a terrific job with this aircraft. :D

Patrick Mussotte
Airman

Post by Patrick Mussotte »

Hello!
I forgot to mention that it was in P3D4.5. I tried the settings you gave but I got exactly the same result as before, an inoperative AP. I have to try it in fsx now .
ImageImage

new reply

Return to “B-17 Flying Fortress”