OAT Inaccurate ?

A Living Legend
new reply
Avio
Staff Sergeant

OAT Inaccurate ?

Post by Avio »

I have been flying with ActiveSky16 and noted that the B17 OAT shown in the temp gauge seems to be always 2 or 3 degrees higher than that reported by AS16. Anyone else seen this?

I run AS16 together with the Icing gauge made by Charles Owen. Are these two compatible? Or should I remove the Icing gauge? Thanks.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: OAT Inaccurate ?

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Its not unusal to get things a little out of sync, what happens if you run default weather and no active sky?

I wouldn't worry about 1/2 degrees, your well within tolerances and whilst we live in a digital world with instant information and so much precision these days, the 1/2 degrees is next to nothing in the context of the B-17 in which OAT could easily be changing quicker than the instruments are capable of displaying with the small changes.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Avio
Staff Sergeant

Post by Avio »

Thanks Lewis. Ok will do a test on that.

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Avio wrote: 19 Jul 2020, 22:00 I have been flying with ActiveSky16 and noted that the B17 OAT shown in the temp gauge seems to be always 2 or 3 degrees higher than that reported by AS16. Anyone else seen this? I run AS16 together with the Icing gauge made by Charles Owen. Are these two compatible? Or should I remove the Icing gauge? Thanks.
Is this when on the ground? I ask because I think on the B-17 we modeled the heat from the ground.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Avio
Staff Sergeant

Post by Avio »

Thanks Scott. I just confirmed the OAT shows 16 degrees on ground, sea level. I loaded default cessna and also the T6 and both shows 15 degrees.

With AS16, when temp was to 30 degrees, the B17 OAT showed something like 32 or 33 degrees when on ground. So this is because of ground heating modelling? If so that is cool. I supposed the T6 didn't have this modelled? Which other A2A planes modelled this? Thanks.

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Avio, I'd have to look back into the code but I have a feeling we didn't carry this feature forward to our core airplanes. If that is the case we may add this back.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Avio
Staff Sergeant

Post by Avio »

Okay great. Thanks Scott.

new reply

Return to “B-17 Flying Fortress”