Is Oil Dilution State Saved?

A Living Legend
new reply
Avio
Staff Sergeant

Is Oil Dilution State Saved?

Post by Avio »

If oil dilution is performed at end of flight before shutdown, is that state automatically saved for the next fsx flight? Or must I do a flight save every time? And if I do save the flight, do I have to load it back each time before flying again? Or can I just load the B17 to any airport that I wish to fly on the next session?

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Is Oil Dilution State Saved?

Post by Jacques »

There has been a lot of back and forth on this over the years, but the manual clearly states to “save your flight” and your conditioned oil will be ready to go on your next flight. See page 83 of your Accusim B-17 manual. That is assuming you’re going to shut down your flightsim and/or turn off your computer in the interim.

Avio
Staff Sergeant

Post by Avio »

Okay got it thanks.

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Correct, the B-17 uses the flight saving feature whereas later AccuSim airplanes bypass that. Some prefer one one, others the other.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Avio
Staff Sergeant

Post by Avio »

Thanks Scott. So say i save one after a flight. Do i have to reload back that flight the next time and perform a Go-To another airport and time/date? Or can i just load straight from the fsx start menu and go right to the airport and time i want and the saved state would follow along? The second method is much more direct and time saving. Thank you.

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

You save the flight just before you quit. The next time you want to fly, start with that saved flight and go from there.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Avio
Staff Sergeant

Post by Avio »

Roger that, Scott. Thanks!

new reply

Return to “B-17 Flying Fortress”