B-17 paints so far

A Living Legend
Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: B-17 paints so far

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Smashing stuff Jankees, thanks for the re-uploads 8) 8)

The P3Dv4 B-17 is back underway after a few hiccups along the way. I unfortunately cannot guarantee the old repaints will work or indeed if they do look as good as they do on the older model as its going through the whole PBR process that requires a slightly different less artistic approach to painting a 3d model (lighting etc etc is all done material wise so no need for artist lighting, shading etc on the repaint anymore for example.)

In the good news though I can say the progress information I am seeing is very promising and regular, the B-17 in PBR looks simply stunning!

cheers,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

HE11DUDE04
Staff Sergeant

Post by HE11DUDE04 »

Lewis - A2A wrote: 14 Oct 2019, 05:07 Smashing stuff Jankees, thanks for the re-uploads 8) 8)

The P3Dv4 B-17 is back underway after a few hiccups along the way. I unfortunately cannot guarantee the old repaints will work or indeed if they do look as good as they do on the older model as its going through the whole PBR process that requires a slightly different less artistic approach to painting a 3d model (lighting etc etc is all done material wise so no need for artist lighting, shading etc on the repaint anymore for example.)

In the good news though I can say the progress information I am seeing is very promising and regular, the B-17 in PBR looks simply stunning!

cheers,
Lewis - A2A
:D
AKA "Memey"

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

Lewis - A2A wrote: 14 Oct 2019, 05:07 Smashing stuff Jankees, thanks for the re-uploads 8) 8)

cheers,
Lewis - A2A
Hey boss. You'll have to give us a run down on that process when the time comes. Technique, programs used for production etc. Give us PBR newbies a fighting chance to re-do our older skins. Perhaps some new painkits even. :wink:

Steve.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

My hopes is that little change will be needed re-painter end. The materials will be defined in the model so on the one hand it should be simpler to produce smashing looking paints, the downside is that some of the artistic creativity is taken away. A bare metal object for example no matter how its painted will always have the properties of a bare metal object unless changed in the model itself. As an end user I think the eye candy pros far outweight the cons though. Looking forward to see PBR filter more throughout the FS world.

For the B-17 both bare metal and olive drab are being produced 8)

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

Lewis - A2A wrote: 17 Oct 2019, 05:19 A bare metal object for example no matter how its painted will always have the properties of a bare metal object unless changed in the model itself.
Hmm. Sounds very limiting. Unless of course there are two models. Guess we'll see eventually.

jcblom
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by jcblom »

I hope we'll still be able to tone down or add some extra shinyness, or to add dirt and stains? Or to create weathered and worn paint, so with the bare metal shining through?
FS painter. You'll find most of my FS9/FSX/P3D paints here.

new reply

Return to “B-17 Flying Fortress”