Trouble with A2A update 01-17-17 Accusim

A Living Legend
new reply
BigT-65
Senior Airman

Trouble with A2A update 01-17-17 Accusim

Post by BigT-65 »

When I try to apply this update I get a failed messages saying that the file cannot be accessed because it is being used by another program. FSX is not running . I did a restart and the update started but got stuck updating Comanche 250. When I try to run it again I get the can't access message. What other program would be using the file the update is trying to access?

Gypsy Baron
A2A Master Mechanic

Re: Trouble with A2A update 01-17-17 Accusim

Post by Gypsy Baron »

Are you running the updater as "Administrator"?

Not sure what else could be at play here.....wait, just thought of something.

I did see some strangeness on my system running the updater. I have my OrbX files
in the root of a partition just for those files and mount that drive in the empty
OrbX folder in the FSX directory.

When the updater runs, for some unexplained reason it accesses that OrbX partition which
has a system folder "System Volume Information" located there. Apparently the updater
tries to access that folder and I get the error message.

So, you might want to make sure your permissions for all FSX-related files and folders are
OK and not restricting access.

To get around having to un-,ount my OrbX drive every time I ran the updated I changed the
permissions on that System Volume Information folder fto allow 'full control'.

Paul

BigT-65
Senior Airman

Post by BigT-65 »

This is the error message I get when the update program tries to update an aircraft that needs updating.
https://photos.google.com/album/AF1QipP ... YqTAhRzIEA
I have no idea what process to look for. There are a lot of processes running on my computer. Any ideas on how to figuer out the culprit.
i7 8700K CPU @ 4.8 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 3000 memory, Gigabyte Aorus Z370 MB, EVGA RTX 2060 Super XC Ultra GPU 8GB GDDR6 Memory, MasterAir MA610P CPU cooler, 1TB PCIe NVMe SSD, 500GB SSD, 2TB HDD, 3 Asus 24" monitors, Saitek X56 H.O.T.A.S.

BigT-65
Senior Airman

Post by BigT-65 »

Dang!!
I just figured it out. I went into the processes running on my computer and found one called Program updater I don't remember exact name. I ended that one and I also ended the Steam client bootstrapper. Now the Accu-sim update runs correctly. Not sure stopping which one fixed the problem.
i7 8700K CPU @ 4.8 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 3000 memory, Gigabyte Aorus Z370 MB, EVGA RTX 2060 Super XC Ultra GPU 8GB GDDR6 Memory, MasterAir MA610P CPU cooler, 1TB PCIe NVMe SSD, 500GB SSD, 2TB HDD, 3 Asus 24" monitors, Saitek X56 H.O.T.A.S.

new reply

Return to “B-17 Flying Fortress”