Attempt to Install B-17 in P3D--Anyone Else See This Issue?

A Living Legend
new reply
lcoleman
Airman

Attempt to Install B-17 in P3D--Anyone Else See This Issue?

Post by lcoleman »

Hi All,

Fist, let me say I'm aware the B-17 is an aircraft designed for FSX and NOT officially supported for P3D. I've been flying her in FSX since 2011, and have enjoyed it so much I would like to continue flying her in P3D! I know many of you are doing just that. I'm curious if any of you encountered the error I'll describe to you, and if so, were you able to resolve it?

I'm new to P3D, using version 3.4.22.19868 on Windows 10. I've set up an FSX registry entry and a fake fsx.exe as described on several forums. When I run the the WOP2_B17.EXE installer, it correctly finds my P3D root directory. When I proceed I get a pop up with this message: "File corruption is found in your FSX directory. This would likely be corrected by re-installing FSX and then Wings of POWER WWII FIGHTERS."

In searching these forums, I found a post where a member got this exact message when trying to install his B377 into FSX Steam. Lewis mentioned in a post there that he must be using an installer older than 2008. After some apparent PM discussions with Lewis, the member reported the problem was solved. I checked my B-17 executable and it's date is 3/29/2007. I paid a nominal fee to renew my download link from the store I purchased the B-17 and the Accusim Expansion pack from, and re-dowloaded, but found unfortunately that the WOP2_B17.EXE file had the same date as the one I already had. And, as expected, it would not install either. Just to be clear, I've used my original installers to install the B-17 in FSX at least three times over the years, so they are fine for FSX.

I'm curious if any other members have encountered this error. If so, I'd appreciate hearing if you were able to resolve it.

One option I have if the age of the installer is the issue is to re-purchase the B-17 and Accusim Pack from the A2A webshop, assuming I would get more recent versions. The airplane is such a joy to fly, I'd do that if I knew installer age was the problem! The other option is to install FSX on my P3D machine and continue flying the B-17 in FSX. This is the one airplane in my software library that has me even considering this option:)

Thanks for reading and for any suggestions you may be able to offer.

Larry

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Attempt to Install B-17 in P3D--Anyone Else See This Iss

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello Larry,

I can confirm that the age of the installer wont be an issue for you.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

lcoleman
Airman

Post by lcoleman »

Hi Lewis,

Thanks for your reply and confirmation the installer is not the issue. I do appreciate it!

Thanks,

Larry

Dangerous Beans
Staff Sergeant

Post by Dangerous Beans »

lcoleman, try putting copies of fsx.exe and eula.rtf in the Prepar3D v3 folder, thats what worked for me.

Asus Strix Z270H
i7-7700K
16Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000MHz
MSI GTX 1070 GamingX
Corsair H100i V2 Cooler
Corsair RM850X PSU
Phanteks Enthoo Evolv case
Asus VE276Q 27" Monitor 1920x1080
Win 10

tomford
Airman

Post by tomford »

I am having the same problem, but i do not have fsx installed on this computer anymore, any ideas?

tomford
Airman

Post by tomford »

I am having the same problem, but i do not have fsx installed on this computer anymore, any ideas?

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Sorry Tomford the current Accu-sim B-17G is an FSX product so it was never designed too and cannot guarantee to work on the P3D platform.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi Tomford.
Some at the 91st bombardment group run the A2A on P3Dv3 without issues , some used the migration tool , but after migrating the aircraft , you have to remember to turn this off , or permanent damage can be done to your sim .
Others make a copy of the P3Dv3.exe and rename this copy to FSX.exe , which makes the installer think P3D is FSX .
A2A do not support any issues with the B17 in P3Dv3 as it was never intended to work with this platform so its basically at your own risk , the other alternative is to wait till its converted to P3Dv4 by A2A , but no time line on this .
regards alan. 8)

new reply

Return to “B-17 Flying Fortress”