Some B-17 Oddities

A Living Legend
new reply
FireflyChick
Airman

Some B-17 Oddities

Post by FireflyChick »

I have been flying the B-17 a bit recently after recently re-installing FSX following a brief flirtation with X-Plane 10.

I have noticed that the B-17 doesn't cold start properly for me, I shut down fully after a flight and the next time I load the aircraft she is sat engines running ready to go and I have to hit the cold start button on the control panel to kill everything.

Ohh and she shows up as an amphibian in the log book too (noticed whilst transferring FSX hours into a spreadsheet).

These are the only issues I have noticed (oil, fuel, oxygen etc. is 100% persistent flight to flight), the aircraft is fully up to date using the most recent A2A updater and I have no problems with the Cessna 172, Spitfire or Military P51 Mustang (all full accusim aircraft) which I also have installed.

It doesn't detract from flying her in any way; just thought I'd let you know and wonder if you had any thoughts.
Viatrix flyin' FSX (A2A) C182, 172, PA-28, Spitfire, Mustang and B-17.

Flying a Slingsby T67M Firefly in the real world.

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Some B-17 Oddities

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
I have just shut my sim pc down for the night ,but my b17 when i select it in free flight,is parked on the stand i chose and engines are running down to a stop , then i hit cold dark , to get control locks set , and make sure everything is off , it does not take many seconds for the engines to stop on my setup.
I cannot ccomment on the floatplane bit as i have not had the need to look at that file.
regards alan. 8)

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

I think that is related to your default flight guys. In the older Accusim birds not all the switches and states are persistent. I bet that engine of the plane in your default flight is also running. Load the default flight and shut the engine of the plane down. Turn all the switches off and then safe the flight again as default (always use a stock FSX plane for that!).

The next time you load the B-17 the engines should be off. They are on mine at least.

Happy flying
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tomas Linnet »

Piper_EEWL wrote:I think that is related to your default flight guys. In the older Accusim birds not all the switches and states are persistent. I bet that engine of the plane in your default flight is also running. Load the default flight and shut the engine of the plane down. Turn all the switches off and then safe the flight again as default (always use a stock FSX plane for that!).

The next time you load the B-17 the engines should be off. They are on mine at least.

Happy flying
Mine does that, except when on a FSX multiplayer server, then I often spawn with engines running?? Any idea how to fix that?
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

FireflyChick
Airman

Post by FireflyChick »

Thanks for the tip, I loaded the default Beech Baron 58 did a couple of circuits, parked up, shut down and saved it as the default flight. Hey presto when the B-17 is loaded the engines are off and everything is shut down :)
Viatrix flyin' FSX (A2A) C182, 172, PA-28, Spitfire, Mustang and B-17.

Flying a Slingsby T67M Firefly in the real world.

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

mattmoxon wrote:Thanks for the tip, I loaded the default Beech Baron 58 did a couple of circuits, parked up, shut down and saved it as the default flight. Hey presto when the B-17 is loaded the engines are off and everything is shut down :)
You're welcome. Happy to help.
Tomas Linnet wrote: Mine does that, except when on a FSX multiplayer server, then I often spawn with engines running?? Any idea how to fix that?
Sorry Tomas I have no idea. Never done a multiplayer flight in FSX. Is maybe the spawning situation different in multiplayer vs single player?
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

new reply

Return to “B-17 Flying Fortress”