Installation trouble A2 shockwave B17G

A Living Legend
new reply
pinball77
Airman Basic

Installation trouble A2 shockwave B17G

Post by pinball77 »

Greetings from Ohio. I recently purchased A2A Shockwave B17G Flying Fortress Accu Sim expansion for FSX. I have bought several in the past but this one refuses to install. The install seems normal until I get the message: The setup could not find the wings of power:B17 installed. The installer cannot continue unless it can find the aircraft. This would likely be corrected by reinstalling the aircraft. I purchased this from fs pilotshop and it uses their installer. I contacted them and they referred me to the manufacturer. I was sent a back up disc with the software but it does not work either. The zipped file seems large enough to contain the software but there is only one file in it that I can find. Hoping someone can help and save my $35 I paid. PC is Window2s XP with SP 3. FSX gold with acceleration pack. As i stated before I have added many planes from fspilotshop and had no problems. Thanks for any assistance.

speedy70
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Installation trouble A2 shockwave B17G

Post by speedy70 »

Looks like you have bought the Accusim expansion pack for the B17 but not the B17 aircraft itself.

Cheers Chris

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

yes, it sounds like you purchased the Accu-sim package for the B-17G but not the B-17 itself?

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

pinball77
Airman Basic

Post by pinball77 »

Yes, you are both correct! It says on the disk, A2A/Shockwave-B17G Flying Fortress Accu-sim Expansion. That explains everything unfortunately. I am a WW II aviation nut and never had a B-17 yet. Have reading several books of first hand accounts of the missions over Europe and wanted to fly one. What a disappointment. So what does this software do?? Will read closer and description before purchasing next time!

Tug002
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tug002 »

pinball77 wrote:Yes, you are both correct! It says on the disk, A2A/Shockwave-B17G Flying Fortress Accu-sim Expansion. That explains everything unfortunately. I am a WW II aviation nut and never had a B-17 yet. Have reading several books of first hand accounts of the missions over Europe and wanted to fly one. What a disappointment. So what does this software do?? Will read closer and description before purchasing next time!
That software is an add on for the A2A/Shockwave-B17G Flying Fortress. When I had purchased the b-17 I didn't have the Accusim pack at first as I was just trying out the B-17. After a short time of flying the B-17 and finding it very enjoyable to fly I purchased the accusim pack and installed it and was amaised at the difference in flying the B-17. To put it simply the accusim brings the aircraft to life like no other simulated aircraft I have ever had the opportunity to fly. After the B-17 experience I have bought nothing but the A2A aircraft and have become a loyal fan of A2A's Accusimed aircraft. The A2A/Shockwave-B17G Flying Fortress is worth the money invested and you wont regret buying it.

Keep smiling
Tug :)

pinball77
Airman Basic

Post by pinball77 »

Well that sounds great. Am buying the plane tomorrow and am looking forward to the experience. This will now be over $50 for both. But I have paid a lot in the past too for an X-15 add on FSX that is complicated and an X-1 FSX add on too. I know I will use the B-17 a lot creating their flight paths on WW 2 bombing missions but no bombs to drop I assume.

Tug002
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tug002 »

pinball77 wrote:Well that sounds great. Am buying the plane tomorrow and am looking forward to the experience. This will now be over $50 for both. But I have paid a lot in the past too for an X-15 add on FSX that is complicated and an X-1 FSX add on too. I know I will use the B-17 a lot creating their flight paths on WW 2 bombing missions but no bombs to drop I assume.
You won't regret your decision on buying this great aircraft. I know I never have :D

Keep smiling
Tug :)

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tomas Linnet »

I'm currently down to 0.3USD per hour of entertainment, I think it's a bargain :D
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

speedy70
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by speedy70 »

Hi Pinball.
Remember the order of installation is the aircraft then the accusim then the updater.

Cheers Chris

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

I also bought the B-17 first, without the Accu-Sim add-on. I don't think it was available at the time. When they brought out the Accu-Sim add-on I was so exited, I bought both the base aircraft again and Accu-Sim together without realising. I think they call that a 'brain fart', or in my case it could be just old age. :lol:

Steve.

new reply

Return to “B-17 Flying Fortress”