prop control

A Living Legend
new reply
dvm
Senior Master Sergeant

prop control

Post by dvm »

I just flew the B-17 for the first time in quite awhile and found that the my prop control lever will not operate the levers in the cockpit. I have the prop axis assigned in the FSX configurator. The prop control works in all other aircraft including all my other A2A planes. If I assign the props to the copilot he takes care the RPMs when I switch back to manual the prop levers stay in last position where the copilot last left them. Another thing I noticed is that only the first seven axis on my Bodner module and joystick show up in the axis configurator of all A2A planes. My Bodner module controls my switch/console and throttle controls. I have tried manually modifying the Axis cfg file but the eighth axis (dial) will not work. Is there a limit to seven axis for some reason ?

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: prop control

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
Thats a unit i have never heard of before , i use a CH Yoke/Rudder peddles/and 2 Quad throttles , and set the b17 up in FSUIPC , and some controls up in the A2A configurator , but it was a strange way that i had to set up the mix and prop controls , for individual use , and i ended up trying a suggestion on them axis , which sounded odd , but it worked.
If its any help then look for my FSUIPC settings , which should be in the b17 forum some where , it might help you to figure out whats needed for your control set up.
regards alan. 8)

dvm
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by dvm »

thanks alan,
I want to add that the prop levers used to work with the axis assigned in the FSX configurator and as I said it works in all other aircraft. The mixture works fine with the axis assigned in the FSX configurator. Something is not right.

dvm
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by dvm »

I solved my problem. I had the prop lever (Z axis) assigned to the aileron trim in the B-17 configurator and the B-17 configurator commands takes precedence over the FSX configurator assignments. When I built my throttle I moved the axis assignments on my Bodner module around. I had to reassign all my axis commands and neglected to update the B-17 aileron assignment. DAAAA!

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
Glad your sorted , done similar tricks myself , my excuse is my age.
regards alan. 8)

new reply

Return to “B-17 Flying Fortress”