challenging landing

A Living Legend
new reply
alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

challenging landing

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
Today i thought i would give myself a challege , t/o from EGCC landing at EGPB , the short ils rwy at EGPB is not on the cards as it is to short, so a visual approach was the only option runway 09 was nearest to the wind , but this is the shortest runway, so runway 15 was the best option for the visual,there is a hill at both ends of this visual runway, approach is at 90 deg to the runway LH turn approach,RH turn if goaround needed, had real weather downloaded from ASN , on arrival just to add to my challenge , IT WAS RAINING , bit of a hard landing , complaints from the crew , but no damage done to aircraft, it was close to the end of the runway , when it stopped , but i made it , taxiing to stand was not easy, as taxiways are not that wide , and turning around on the runway to get to the taxiway was also not easy.
ORBX global base/vector and fsx/acceleration used.
Anyone wishing to test themselves , try it and see how you do.
regards alan. 8)

Redglyph
Senior Airman

Re: challenging landing

Post by Redglyph »

Well done! 8)
Accu-Sim: B-17G, C172, C182, Cherokee 180, Comanche 250, Civilian P-51, Spitfire MkI/II, T-6, CotS Constellation, CotS B377
System specs: Win10 x64 | CPU: i7-10770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: RTX 3070 | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG Crosswind

new reply

Return to “B-17 Flying Fortress”