Triggering failures in Accu-Sim modules

A Living Legend
new reply
Redglyph
Senior Airman

Triggering failures in Accu-Sim modules

Post by Redglyph »

Hello,

I was trying a few things this morning with the mighty B-17, and since I was expecting the failures not to be "standard FSX" I was not too surprised to see that triggering a fuel leak or hydraulic failure from the menu did not much (in the first case you'd see the fuel go down, then back up repeatedly as Accu-Sim would set its new value).

In the forums I saw an old post saying that indeed the system was different than FSX failures, so I'm wondering, is it still the case, for the B-17 or other modules in this series, is there another way to trigger failures than "by abusing the aircraft"? If I want to train how to react to such and such system breakdown, isn't there a way to set or program them? Or is there any add-on able to do that? That'd be neat :D

Otherwise, no worries, I'll just work around that.

On a side note, because I don't want to start a threat for such a little detail, I noticed that once switched on, the formation lights wouldn't shut down, they remain on when the pilot switches them off (on the 2D panel or in the cockpit). Is that normal?
Accu-Sim: B-17G, C172, C182, Cherokee 180, Comanche 250, Civilian P-51, Spitfire MkI/II, T-6, CotS Constellation, CotS B377
System specs: Win10 x64 | CPU: i7-10770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: RTX 3070 | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG Crosswind

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: Triggering failures in Accu-Sim modules

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Hi,

Yes the Accusim failure system is different from the standard FSX one and you cannot set specific failures. At least we as endusers cannot. Of course you can provoke certain failures such as overheating by not opening cowlflaps and leave the engines at full power for extended amounts of times or operating the engines without oil etc etc. But you can't say "I want a hydraulic leak" or something like that.

This has actually been discussed before on the forums if it was possible to do this for training purposes but it's not that easy I think and the idea has been put on ice.

As for the formation lights I'm not sure why they stay on. I can't check my setup at the moment. Just one question. You're installation is updated with the latest updater?

Happy flying
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

Gypsy Baron
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by Gypsy Baron »

Canceled this post

Redglyph
Senior Airman

Post by Redglyph »

Piper_EEWL wrote:Yes the Accusim failure system is different from the standard FSX one and you cannot set specific failures. At least we as endusers cannot. Of course you can provoke certain failures such as overheating by not opening cowlflaps and leave the engines at full power for extended amounts of times or operating the engines without oil etc etc. But you can't say "I want a hydraulic leak" or something like that.

This has actually been discussed before on the forums if it was possible to do this for training purposes but it's not that easy I think and the idea has been put on ice.
That's what I did to put #4 on fire earlier. The funny thought is that I was feeling a little ashamed of inflicting such a bad treatment, that must be an Accu-Sim secondary effect :D But everything went well and she was properly repaired, hope there won't be any grudge...

Yes, I can imagine some of what this feature would imply.
As for the formation lights I'm not sure why they stay on. I can't check my setup at the moment. Just one question. You're installation is updated with the latest updater?
It's the latest update, yes, and applied after installing the B-17. I'm just curious, but it's hardly any problem at all - as long as it doesn't drain the battery while I'm off the sim :wink:
Accu-Sim: B-17G, C172, C182, Cherokee 180, Comanche 250, Civilian P-51, Spitfire MkI/II, T-6, CotS Constellation, CotS B377
System specs: Win10 x64 | CPU: i7-10770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: RTX 3070 | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG Crosswind

new reply

Return to “B-17 Flying Fortress”