Where is the adf/VOR Switch

A Living Legend
new reply
PeSt
Airman Basic

Where is the adf/VOR Switch

Post by PeSt »

Hello all,

One stupid question: where is the adf/vor switches?
I have read here that the switch is on the center pedestrial, but i have looked at the manuel, in the vc, with gooogle - i havent found it.
So please can you tell ( or show) me where the switch is and how is is it named.
Thanks all for help me and sorry for my bad english.

Greetings Pete
P.S. Thank you very much, A2A Crew for your fantastic work

danb12
Staff Sergeant

Re: Where is the adf/VOR Switch

Post by danb12 »

Hi,

I'm not 100% sure but I think the radio panels are above your head in the centre? Might be worth a look?

Hope this helps but can't promise anything!

Dan

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Well the B-17 doesn't really have a VOR. It has a RMI gauge that can be linked to a VOR frequency through the shift+6 (at least that's what I believe it is) 2D radio stack. Set the VOR frequency you want in the NAV1 or 2 window on the pop up radio panel. Then click on NAV1 or NAV2 which will get a frame around it. If it has a frame around it it is active and this station will be displayed on the RMI. Remember though it's not a VOR it works like a ADF with a VOR frequency!

Hope this helps
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

PeSt
Airman Basic

Post by PeSt »

Thanks Dan and Piper,

Dan, i will search the switches.

Piper, my error in the 2d panel was, that i ve not marked the frequenses with the frame

Thank you, you rescued me and i can go into air with this pretty old lady tonight, try to find my way with this kind of navigation.

Tschuess (means byebye in the north of germany)

Pete

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

You're very welcome! Glad it helped. I crossed the Atlantic that way with the B-17. A great way to navigate!

Happy flying and servus (bye bye in souther Germany :wink: )
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

new reply

Return to “B-17 Flying Fortress”