mixture control

A Living Legend
new reply
alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

mixture control

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
Just purchased the b17 today /installed b17 with the b17 accusim/updated with 04 16 16 updater , set the fsx controls to active , for the first flight , so i could get a feel , of how the controls respond , so i can set the correct slope for the ail/rud/ele in FSUIPC4 , on getting to grips with where everything was , and i have dual ch quad throttles , ch yoke , ch peddles . i had control in fsx settings of mixtures 2/3/4 but no control over mixture 1 even though i confirmed my ch control was ok for that mixture control , just wondering if this is a snag or something i have not done or overlooked.
regards alan. 8)
P.S. Not yet set it up in FSUIPC4 , will be doing that later today.

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: mixture control

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
Just been trying unsuccessfully to get the controls setup in fsuipc , AIL/ELE/RUD/THROTTLES no problem Brakes ok to , but prop/mixture control NO WAY , it just isnt having it .
Did a flight to see if i had got the eil/rud/ele slopes set right , and it does feel about the same as under default a2a recommended fsx settings , at this time , to get round the lack of mixture / prop control , i have handed them over to the co pilot.
regards alan. 8)

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

hvae you tried the included input configurator. PC's out so I cant check 100% what we included but I believe the basics are in there. And any mapping in it will only affect the aircraft it is designed to work with it wont affect anything else.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi Lewis.
on the axis section , throttles l , throttles r , ail/ele/rud trim , inter coolers , turbo selector is all that is showing .
Nothing about mixture/props.
Regards alan. 8)

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tomas Linnet »

I use FSUIPC(registered) with the B-17, I'll have a look when I get home from work. I only have one lever for all props and one lever for all mixtures. This works for me.
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

boris4356
Staff Sergeant

Post by boris4356 »

Hi Allan,

For some strange reason I always have problems setting up my mixture and prop levers separately in FSUIPC4. When I set up my throttle I set it up in the "Separate throttles per engine" page 3 in the Joystick calibration. When I try to set up my prop and mixture levers this way in page 4 and page 5 they won't move.

So what I did was set them up in page 3 "Prop,mixture and brakes", and check the box "Map to 4 Mixt" and "Map to 4 Props". With this function they still work as separate levers and not as one lever controlling all 4.

I have a home made B-17 throttle, but it should work for commercial throttles as well.

Bill

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi bill.
Thanks for that little gem , never set individual prop/mixture up like that before , for some strange reason , it works on the b17 .
Now to figure out why , when i had to shut number 1 eng down today , i had prop level to lowest point , fuel cut off , fuel pump off , ign off , feather button pressed , yet prop refused to feather .
Also , i could see no reason why the eng quit like it did when all inds showed normal , and no message from co pilot to say there was a problem , very odd .
Regards alan. 8) :?:

boris4356
Staff Sergeant

Post by boris4356 »

Your welcome Allan!

Check to make sure your assignments in the controls section of FSX aren't using a switch or axis that is assigned for something else in FSUIPC4. If this is the case, you could for example turn on prop icing when you press the feather switch if you had it assigned to a switch on your throttle. This might explain some of the strange happenings. You could have cut off the fuel if this switch was mapped for different functions in Controls and FSUIPC when you pressed another button. When I first set up the controls in my cockpit through FSUIPC, this happened to me a lot. It drove me nuts! Also even if you deleted the assignment in Controls in FSX, it has a habit of re-appearing at random.

Bill

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi Bill.
When i feathered the prop i used the feather button on the inst pnl , as i try and fly my aircraft , using track ir5 for looking around and as much as posible use the switches within the vc as opposed to keyboard control.
Regards alan. 8) :?:

new reply

Return to “B-17 Flying Fortress”