b17+b17accusim

A Living Legend
new reply
alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

b17+b17accusim

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
I have just purchased and downloaded the b17+b17 accusim package , just looked at the zip files , no instructions in seperate part of zip , as to order of install , could you please verify if i am correct in assuming b17 first then b17 accusim .
regards alan. 8)

heartbreak61
Airman

Re: b17+b17accusim

Post by heartbreak61 »

Correct. And don't forget to update your B17.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
Thanks for confirmation of install , much appreciated.
regards alan. 8)

speedy70
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by speedy70 »

You will find the latest updater here.
http://www.a2asimulations.com/downloads ... _16_16.zip

Please run it as administrator by right clicking on the *.exe file and selecting run as administrator.

Cheers Chris

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi Chris.
I noticed the new updater yesterday and updated all my aircraft yesterday , upto but not incuding the b17 , but i have just this minute installed and update the b17 , so just fired up fsx , to find something as stopped my ch yoke/rudder peddles from working , so just done a reboot , to see if thats fixed it , usually does.
regards alan. 8)

speedy70
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by speedy70 »

Hi Alan
You will still need to run the updater again.Oh I see you have rerun it today for the B17.When you first fly the B17 let the copilot handle the engines,it is easier on you to start with.

Cheers Chris

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi Chris.
Not read any manuals as yet , just sat in flight deck looked around for 5 min, found i had control of all throttles , then didnt , but figured out what i had done , same with props but got that sorted , but one i could not figure out was why when in fsx i had 4 throttles/prop/mixtures , but in aircraft i could not move the number one mixture lever , will see later on today if i can get everything working in FSUIPC4 , i have a ch yoke, ch rudder peddles , and 2 ch quad throttle units .
but already had her up for a quick circuit of kbfi , i think i have the slopes settings guessed near enough for ail,ele,rud , as a startiing point.
regards alan. 8)

speedy70
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by speedy70 »

Hi Alan.
Don't forget the joystick configurator found in the same place as the manuals,under your windows/start/all programmes/A2A /B17.

Cheers Chris

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi Chris.
I have not used these configurators , i tend to do a flight under fsx controls set to a2a recommended settings , get a feel for the ail/ele/rud controls , so i can guesstimate the slope settings needed , then set the aircraft up in FSUIPC4 , this method i have done for all my a2a aircraft i have purchased , and i have the following aircraft :- C172/C182/PA24 250/PA28-180/T-6/B17 latest edition .
Regards alan. 8)

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
I think i have a problem with the b17 accusim install , i only installed the b17+b17accusim package a few days ago , and its updated to 04.16.16.
for a couple of days now , every time i use shift4 , the fill charge section shows white when everything is fully charged , as you would expect , but when something needs replenishing , like the hyd/heating fluid in particular they change colour to highlight this fact , so i click on these to fill them , all of which is normal .
But if i then check in maint hangar for any faults , which normally shows nothing amiss , if i then open shift 4 to load fuel and /or bombs , i find that the hyd/heating fluid showing i require replenishing again, in the fill / charge area , yet if you go to the gly/hyd boxies , they show 100% , so i would expect the hyd/gly fill / charge area to be all white , to match the boxies , if i then go to maint again , it shows no leaks .
Is anyone else seeing this or is your b17 accusim working correctly.
regards alan. 8) :?:
UPDATE:- every 40 secs to go from full charge in the fill/charge (white letters) to changing colour to say fill , in the fill/charge area.

heartbreak61
Airman

Post by heartbreak61 »

I believe it's normal. On the beginning of flying this plane, I had the same thought like yours, lol. Here's the explanation.

Non-white text means that your hyd, gly, oxy, batt, and oil are not in "fully 100%" condition, not to tell you that you need to replenish them ASAP. Use the bar as your cue, not the the text.

When you see the bar is full and the text is not white, maybe it's actually like 99% or less and your eyes can't see the difference on the bar.

Rest assured, your crew will tell you if anything of plane's liquid need refill :)

Regards.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

new reply

Return to “B-17 Flying Fortress”