Opinion Please on which throttle quadrant

A Living Legend
new reply
geopetlas
Senior Airman

Post by geopetlas »

Hey guys,

I was just wondering which throttle quadrant you guys would recommend for use with the B-17 sim?

Any thoughts on the CH Throttle Quadrant?

George
"DON'T THINK! Don't just glance! LOOK! Search for the bastards!"

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Opinion Please on which throttle quadrant

Post by Tomas Linnet »

Hi George

I use th Saitek ones, one came with my yoke and an extra next to it. Potentiometers needs cleaning once in awhile but other than that I think it's Ok. The lever setups is:
1 for the Manifold Pressure Selector/turbo
1 for engines 1 and 2
1 for engines 3 and 4
1 for all props
1 for all mixtures
1 for all intercoolers

I do have some periodic problems with calibration so left and right engines requires different lever settings to have the same manifold pressure on all engines. In cruise it's not a problem but can be a bit annoying in other stages of the flight
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

trindade
Staff Sergeant

Post by trindade »

Hi,

I own a CH Throttle Quadrant for a couple of years, never had a single problem. It's a bit pricey compared to the Saitek one but well worth it, high quality and solid stuff.

Cheers

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

geopetlas wrote:Hey guys,

I was just wondering which throttle quadrant you guys would recommend for use with the B-17 sim?

Any thoughts on the CH

Throttle Quadrant?

George
I use the CH Quad and highly recommend both the throttle and the company. It works well for singles and is the perfect throttle for multi's.
Dudley Henriques

geopetlas
Senior Airman

Post by geopetlas »

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the speedy replies.
I was going to originally go with the Saitek since I already have the X52 pro for my fighters, but everywhere I looked it seems that the single unit throttle is sold out.

So, I just ordered the CH Eclipse yoke and the throttle quadrant.

Trindade and Dudley, I expect that I may be picking your brains as to the configuration of the quadrant. That is if you don't mind.

George
"DON'T THINK! Don't just glance! LOOK! Search for the bastards!"

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

geopetlas wrote:Hey Guys,

Thanks for the speedy replies.
I was going to originally go with the Saitek since I already have the X52 pro for my fighters, but everywhere I looked it seems that the single unit throttle is sold out.

So, I just ordered the CH Eclipse yoke and the throttle quadrant.

Trindade and Dudley, I expect that I may be picking your brains as to the configuration of the quadrant. That is if you don't mind.

George
CH as it happens recommends that the optimum way to use their controllers is simply to plug them in, calibrate them using the FSX calibration tools in settings and go flying.
This is what I have always done and I have had excellent results. It's simple and it works.
CH supplies a software called CH Manager which they DON'T recommend you install unless you intend to program your CH controllers through the custom method supplied with this software. At first this might seem counter intuitive as included in this software is a calibration tool that will work to calibrate your CH controllers.
CH had me uninstall that and go directly with FSX as a more stable way for me since I do not use their custom settings.
DH

scottb613
Technical Sergeant

Post by scottb613 »

Hi Folks,

Another fan of CH - for quality vs price point - they hit the nail on the head... I was going to mention that you can usually find some pretty good deals for new CH products on eBay... I got my rudder pedals for a steal... Good luck... Is the Eclipse Yoke programmable ? I have the Fighter Stick and Pro-Throttle - both of which are programmable - along with the Throttle Quad... I know the Throttle Quad is not... Anyway - if the Yoke is programmable - it has a fairly robust programming language for a joystick that allows you to perform some pretty advanced programming features... Enjoy !

Regards,
Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
I have had my CH Yoke /Rudder Pedals over 12 years old/3 Quad Throttles , 2 quad throttles where purchased earlier this year , to replace origanal Quad throttle , which after 12 years of solid use the levers where a bit loose .
May be a bit pricey , but after 12years of use and still going strong , it works out very cheap indeed.
regards alan. 8)

new reply

Return to “B-17 Flying Fortress”