Static clicking sounds. **Solved!!**

A Living Legend
G-BJPS
Master Sergeant

Re: Static clicking sounds.

Post by G-BJPS »

I'll give it try fella thank you.
But for me to use the realtek sound stuff I have to use that 3.5 mm socket right? The sound was awful lol with those headphones last night, very tinny and much lower quality than my Corsair headset.
I don't think there is a USB output for the realtek stuff is there.
Worth mentioning that I just tried it with my 5.1 home theater for TV, but clicks there with that also.
Cub. Cherokee. C182. Comanche 250. Spitfire. T-6. B-17. B377. Connie

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Yeah, I think you're right mate - the USB audio interface is presumably completely separate to the Realtek chip on your motherboard. Have you made sure drivers for the headset itself are updated too, as presumably it needs them for the D/A conversion?

Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

G-BJPS
Master Sergeant

Post by G-BJPS »

Yes bud, uninstalled and re-installed all drivers lots of times lol! The Headset one is just a factory standard thing that says 'drivers are the latest version' and has the manufacturing date.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hmmm, that's me out of ideas too then I'm afraid John, apart from drastic ones like reinstalling everything, getting a completely new computer or moving house! :mrgreen:

Actually there is something else you could try, a clean boot to see if the problem is caused by any other processes (e.g. antivirus software) which are running: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/331796. Maybe it's also worth checking your DirectX installation is up to date: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/kb/179113.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

G-BJPS
Master Sergeant

Post by G-BJPS »

Hey i appreciate your time and effort Nick, thank you. :)

Tried all of the above and i still have the problem. (apart from moving house and reinstalling everything lol :wink: )

Thanks again,

John.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Sorry John - that's me definitely stumped in that case. :? Bloody computers!

All the best,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

G-BJPS
Master Sergeant

Post by G-BJPS »

Sorry to keep asking about this but I can no longer fly my B17 or 377 :( The looping clicks are actually a lot louder than comes out on video, it sounds like an electric fence ticking, at the same volume as the sounds in general.
So for me not to hear it, I would have to fly a silent sim.

I have eliminated all possible causes on my PC, I've even tried different headphones, speakers, drivers etc to no avail.
And the fact that it only happens on these two aircraft, both with 4 engine's, and only over 1500 RPM in VC, leads me to believe there must be an issue with the sounds of them.

I don't want to criticise or moan etc, and I know Scott is a sound engineer and knows his stuff, but is there anything that can be done? I have ruled out all possible causes my end.
I appreciate that A2A are busy right now, but I just have a horrible feeling I'm going to get the same issue with the Connie.

All the best,

John.

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

John,

I appreciate your confidence in me, but being a sound engineer is no help in this case, as it requires more being a software / hardware engineer for the sound hardware or software on your system. There is some low level bug because there are no looping errors on the source files we are using. I can play them continuously without any clicks. Something on your PC is interpreting something wrong and creating a looping click that isn't there.

The only way we could have an effect on this, since we can't experience or see the issue on our end, is if you can identify the actual wav file creating the clicks on your system. We can then just try to loop it at some random different point in hopes your system loops it correctly. But I fear this could be like a dog chasing it's tail.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

G-BJPS
Master Sergeant

Post by G-BJPS »

Thanks very much for your time again Scott.

G-BJPS
Master Sergeant

Re: Static clicking sounds. **Solved!!!**

Post by G-BJPS »

Hey good news folks! Its fixed!! :D :D Turns out i had an out of date version of Accu-Feel ALS (not Accu-Sim) :roll:

I still had the V2.0 of Accu-Feel, updated to latest version after checking in that thread, must admit i never look in there as i wrongly assumed that Accu-Feel is somehow updated with Accu-sim lol :oops: :oops:

Sorry for wasting your time Scott, and i appreciate everyone's input. *Runs away with red face*

Cheers all,

John.

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Static clicking sounds. **Solved!!**

Post by Jacques »

One could get a very real sense of your frustration with this issue, so thanks for letting us know!

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Static clicking sounds. **Solved!!**

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Brilliant news 8)
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “B-17 Flying Fortress”