[FSX] B-17 Base Project (WIP)

A Living Legend
new reply
Bad0pel
Airman Basic

[FSX] B-17 Base Project (WIP)

Post by Bad0pel »

Hey there fellas! first off let i'd like to say how extremely grateful I am for A2A to remake my No.1 favorite aircraft of ALL TIME! i'm still getting used to flying her, but i cannot see myself flying anything else now in FSX. Thank you so much. With that i did some digging around to find some Bases in England to take-off from and do my practice flights, and i happen to come across an awesome set created by Ian-P. The only thing was i felt it was too empty, so i found a decent B-17G AI with paint kit so that i could begin to populate RAF Thorpe Abbotts with. My plan is to have roughly 40 B-17's stationed there, and with each one it very own unique nose-art and tail number. So far i have around 26 finished. Now finally i can taxi to runway, passing by other bombers to add to that immersion. Anywho, i started this also because i have a mini movie project i am working on for school which is due in 3 months, and i plan to do some recording based out of this airfield, and tell a story of a bomber group going on a mission. Somehow i am going to try to incorporate IL-2:1946 for large formation and combat scenes, and this base for the initial taking off and returning home sequences (Yes i plan to make higher res version paint jobs for the A2A model just to do different start up sequences for a few bombers) Anywho here are some pictures, enoy!

Top down view of the base with B-17's in parking stations:
Joker with engines started:
B-17's parked:
Bad Check getting ready to start engines:
Bad Check left side view:
8 Ball Express:
Yankee Doodle Dandy:
"Flak-Wolf":
oOld Soljer:
Ground Officer heading to alert Crews. "Start-up in 5mins!:
Joker is ready for taxi:

There they are, i didn't take screenshots off all 26 bombers i have painted thus far, thats alot of screens. And please note, alot of these bombers were stationed to other BG and i am aware of this, this was not meant to be 1000% accurate. In do time i plan to make the re-paints look more detailed and weathered. But this is it, what i have going so far. Cheers! :D

Ian P
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: [FSX] B-17 Base Project (WIP)

Post by Ian P »

Nice one. :)

You're doing what I originally wanted to, particularly with the 8th AF fighter stations, using John Young's AI models to repaint. Unfortunately I had to stop part way through creating my own paint kit for the Mustang and haven't got back to it since. :(

Look forwards to seeing the movie!

Ian P.

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

That's really cool. Awesome idea and a ton of work I guess.

Thank you for sharing this and I would love to see that movie too!
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Very nice indeed and yes well done thats a ton a work, but the results already looking great! 8)

cheers,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Bad0pel
Airman Basic

Post by Bad0pel »

Thank you guys! and thank you Ian for your awesome airfield as well. I'll be sure to keep those who are interested updated on my progress, much re-painting to do and much filming. But i am very excited to be working on this, and already have the plot laid out, and must have seen "The Memphis Belle - A Story Of A Flying Fortress" a million times since i was young, not sure if i'm going for a documentary style or what yet, i'll play around with it. And of course i'll post the final video here to share with everyone. cheers!

robert41
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by robert41 »

Very cool. Looking forward to seeing the video.

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Awesome. I'll be looking forward to the video then!

Thanks!
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

new reply

Return to “B-17 Flying Fortress”