Flying weapons to rebels in a war area (B-17)

A Living Legend
new reply
Kilstorm
Technical Sergeant

Flying weapons to rebels in a war area (B-17)

Post by Kilstorm »

I love my Accusimed A2A B17 with its custom livery, aged v/c from forum member Warbirds found here https://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewto ... 29&t=26975 and voice controlled crew from forum member lequinne found here https://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewto ... 29&t=50163 but this bird was built to see action!

Luckily I can give it some with using the war areas of FSPassengersP3D (or any version of FSPax). I've made a custom war zone in Egypt where I can fly out of HESH which is a FSDG addon scenery airport and head over towards HELX which is across the Suez Channel. In doing so I created about 8 very small hotspots with 100% damage and then various larger spots with various damage and chance of attack percentages.

The idea is to take off from HESH and fly to a random spot near HELX but outside of the city in the desert sand to smuggle in the bombs that the B-17 can carry with the idea to sell them to rebels fighting a fake war. Loading up 10pax for crew and the rest in cargo (bombs) I fly below 6,500' to avoid radar (basically to stay low in the war zone). Landing out in the uneven sand terrain and remove the bombs and fly back all while flying in an active war zone with not knowing the exact locations of where I created all the various hotspots and what not.

Yesterday I landed on a road just outside the city and taxied off into the sand to make the deal. When it was time to leave saw a car driving on that road so not sure it that would of caused a crash with crash detection but made sure to look for cars before using that road to take off from. During climbout I heard stray bullets fly by and while FSP tried to fail my hydraulic pumps, it did the inside failure but not the accusim failures so I was okay as I found out when i landed. However, if it did, I always have the crew who could of cranked down the gear and the co-pilot to hand pump the pressure so I did have options.

This is just a great way to let the B-17 see some action and get to use your Co-Pilot crew to help make a very immersive flight. I picked Egypt because I have the HESH field and no real reason to fly there and like the idea of operating the B-17 in a kind of Mad Max environment plus with no trees or buildings around, if I have to ditch, I have a better chance to land anywhere without crashing.

I highly recommend this if you are looking to fly your B-17 and see some action in our civilian sim.
i9-13900K O/C | ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | 32GB DDR5 6000MHz Kingston FURY | RTX 4090 24GB | 2x SSD M.2 (2TB Samsung 990 PRO) 1x SSD (4TB Samsung 870 EVO) | Windows 11 Home | H20: HydroLux PRO:HardLine Tubing| 1000w PSU

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Flying weapons to rebels in a war area (B-17)

Post by Tomas Linnet »

Hi there Kilstorm

You might find this interesting: http://www.91stbombardmentgroup.com
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

new reply

Return to “B-17 Flying Fortress”