Remove the crew from the aircraft

A Living Legend
new reply
Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Remove the crew from the aircraft

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Hi guys,

I'm fairly new to the B-17 (got it at the Christmas sale) and I absolutely love it. I actually decided to make it the first non tubeliner that I'm going to fly across the Atlantic (from the States to Europe).

Anyways I just have one question. Is it possible to remove the crew from the aircraft without hitting the "cold start" button? If yes I can't seem to find out how. It seems like once the crew has manned their ship they don't want to leave again. :)

Thanks in advance
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

Tug002
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Remove the crew from the aircraft

Post by Tug002 »

The only way that I know of is the cold start but someone else here may know of another way of doing it.

Keep smiling
Tug :)

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Yes I haven't found another way.

The problem I have with this if I take multiple flights a day I don't want to keep hitting "cold start" since I don't want the engines to be cooled down and other items being reset.
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

I guess this is one of those instances where imagination is the only useful tool!

You leave the aircraft and the crew to take care of small tasks. When you've finished having a meal and brewing a fresh pot of coffee or cup of tea, you return to the aircraft.

The crew, of course, have followed your instructions to return to the aircraft after their meal and begin preparations for the next flight.

I did try to save a flight across the Atlantic in Greenland. I wanted the engines to be at the temperature I left them when I came back to the sim the next day (I started the flight in Seattle). This worked a couple of times, but got pretty buggy by the time I re-loaded the saved state in Greenland.

I have no idea why, because I think others have success using this method.

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Jacques wrote:I guess this is one of those instances where imagination is the only useful tool!

You leave the aircraft and the crew to take care of small tasks. When you've finished having a meal and brewing a fresh pot of coffee or cup of tea, you return to the aircraft.

The crew, of course, have followed your instructions to return to the aircraft after their meal and begin preparations for the next flight.
I have been thinking about that too. I wouldn't have been as kind as you though and let them go to lunch. I would have just left them behind in the Fortress. 8) :lol:
Jacques wrote: I did try to save a flight across the Atlantic in Greenland. I wanted the engines to be at the temperature I left them when I came back to the sim the next day (I started the flight in Seattle). This worked a couple of times, but got pretty buggy by the time I re-loaded the saved state in Greenland.

I have no idea why, because I think others have success using this method.
Yeah that's what I was afraid of. So I don't really safe the flights. I take some screenshots and of course safe my flightplans and when I return to the sim I just load a new flight move the B-17 to the airport (and parking spot) where I left it after the previous flight and start fresh from there.

Thanks for the replies guys.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

yes the cold start is the remove crew button etc all in one.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Hi Lewis,

Thank you for the confirmation. I guess if I do multiple flights in one day I just have to leave the crew behind in the ship :wink:

Take care
Sebastian

new reply

Return to “B-17 Flying Fortress”