B17 Shockwave expansion

A Living Legend
new reply
Roland
Airman Basic

B17 Shockwave expansion

Post by Roland »

Downloaded and installed the B17 Shockwave Accu Sim expansion pack. Does not play right. Can't get throttles or controls to operate correctly. Engines keep shutting down. Didn't have a problem with the B17 expansion pack. Can't control direction og aircraft either. I don't believe the keys are working right. Can you please help? Thanks.
Roland

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: B17 Shockwave expansion

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

Is your FSX all updated correctly to SP2 standard via the two service packs or the Acceleration expansion?

Are your settings set as per the B-17G Accu-sim manual, in particular auto mixture off etc?

Is your B-17 fit for flight and all ok in the maintenance Hangar?

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Roland
Airman Basic

Post by Roland »

Hello Lewis,

Yes, The auto mixture is off. I have the Acceleration version of FSX. I am not sure about a maintenance hanger, didn't even see where that is. I will have a look. Thanks.

Roland

Roland
Airman Basic

Post by Roland »

Hello Lewis,

I did not see anything referencing a maintenance hanger. If I have the Acceleration package do I still need the SP1 and SP2 packs?

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Hi Roland,

If you have purchased the B-17 and the B-17 Accusim expansion pack (and of course installed both :wink: ) the maintenance hangar should pop up if you hit "Shift+7" on your keyboard. Also if you read the manual you'll learn a lot about this advanced simulation.

Take care
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

Also be sure to run the update found here: Accu-Sim Update 10_03_15 DOWNLOAD
http://www.a2asimulations.com/forum/vie ... hp?t=41279

It is for all Acc-sim aircraft so don't worry if you see it looking for planes you don't have. Download, extract and run as administrator!

Roland
Airman Basic

Post by Roland »

Thanks Lewis. I'll have a look. I didn't see a manual anywhere.
Roland

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

B17 Shockwave expansion

Post by Jacques »

Roland, it should be on your computer already as part of the aicraft download. Otherwise, look here for a copy: http://a2asimulations.com/public/downlo ... Manual.pdf

Like Piper-EEWL mentions, you will want to read the manual to really get the most out of your purchase!

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Yes Jaques is correct. The manual will not only explain how you should fly the aircraft but it will also tell you how to get the best possible Accusim experience. Including where to find stuff and what settings the simulator should be on.

Any further questions just post here :wink:
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

Roland
Airman Basic

Post by Roland »

I really appreciate all the help guys. I will devour the manual. One last question ( I hope). I am still not clear, do I need the SP2 if I have the Acceleration version of FSX and do I need the 9/15 update for FSX, and if so where can I find it? Thanks again.

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

Yes, the Acceleration pack includes both SP1 and SP2 so you don't need to install them. I've never heard of a 9/15 update for FSX ....unless this is something for the Steam version of FSX?

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Roland wrote:I really appreciate all the help guys. I will devour the manual. One last question ( I hope). I am still not clear, do I need the SP2 if I have the Acceleration version of FSX and do I need the 9/15 update for FSX, and if so where can I find it? Thanks again.
As Jacques said no SP required on FSX if you have Acceleration installed. What you read about the 9/15 update might have been linked to the Accusim update. There was a 9/15/2015 update. Now there's a new one (10/03/2015). Just go here and download the updater and install as administrator if not done yet. It's a universal installer that includes all previous updates. Pretty handy :wink:
Also remember to check in from time since A2A updates their (or our :wink: ) fleet regularly.

new reply

Return to “B-17 Flying Fortress”