Diff brakes

A Living Legend
new reply
Artur
Staff Sergeant

Diff brakes

Post by Artur »

Hi, I have a problem as diff brakes do not work.
I have Saitek Cessna Pro Yoke and I assigned brakes to right side L/R switch, and only right brake is working.
As checked with calibration tool, this switch is working correctly ( left and right ), and in FSX I do not see mistake.
What can be wrong here ?

Pistonpilot
Technical Sergeant

Re: Diff brakes

Post by Pistonpilot »

Are you assigning the switch in FSX or in the A2A configuration tool? When I assign switches in FSX, I often forget to set the "repeat" function. This usually happens when I am setting trim switches and I am working fast; I will set repeat properly in one direction and not the other.

If that's not related to your issue, let us know which version of FSX you are using (boxed edition or Steam edition) and how you are assigning the switch. I will try and mirror your setup and see if I can get it to work.

-Ian C

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

DWC Alumni. Commercial Instrument Single/Multi-Engine Land. [Former] Police, Fire, & 9-1-1 Dispatcher. [Former] MAINEiac Crew Chief.

Artur
Staff Sergeant

Post by Artur »

I do not use A2A tool ( maybe I should... ) - btw, what is the advantage of using A2A tool ? ( I have never tried that one )
I have assigned buttons using standard FSX button assign function.
My FSX is boxed version golden edition.

Yesterday I have changed assignment from right yoke micro switch to left one and now brakes are working.

BR/Art

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

the tool is used to help directly map with the aircraft as Accu-sim is external to MSFS so the defaults may not always work for various functions. Anything you map in the tool will only affect the aircraft the tool is for.

However in this case with the B-17 you should be good with standard differential braking mapping in FSX. As a test is it working on other aircraft OK?

Remember the B-17 will need rudder and differential engine power with braking assist rather than relying on the brakes, as this has the potential to damage and stress the gear.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “B-17 Flying Fortress”