I'm baaaaaack.....

A Living Legend
new reply
dafraz48
Airman First Class

I'm baaaaaack.....

Post by dafraz48 »

Lord help us all huh? :)

Getting back into FS'ing after a break. Had a hard drive completely fail before I could fully back my stuff up, and it took all my research, partially and nearly done projects, and all that good stuff with it. Never buying a Western Digital hard drive ever again. Anywho. I'm back up and running for the most part. I "upgraded" to Windows 10, got FSX:SE (my FSX discs don't work for some reason anymore), and fought and fought with loading up my A2A B17. It loaded finally, and the updates ran, but I have issues with no crew sounds nor will it save my flight hours, and it won't recognize my backup DAT file. So there's 600 hrs I'll never get back working, I'm guessing. Boo.

So the big thing is that I'm going to try to get some more repaints done. Nothing major right now. If I some how get full function of my Fort back, then I've got a few more I'm wanting to try.

Alan_A
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: I'm baaaaaack.....

Post by Alan_A »

Just a shot in the dark, but... have you loaded all the legacy Simconnect files?
"Ah, Paula, they are firing at me!" -- Saint-Exupery

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

can you give us any errors and what issues you encountered?

FSX Steam shouldn't give you any issues, its exactly the same as it was for disc edition, providing you have no existense of disc edition on your pc, be it folder structure or registry entries prior to FSX Steam installation.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

dafraz48
Airman First Class

Post by dafraz48 »

Got the classic "your FSX is corrupt" message from my b17 installer more than once. After a total FSX uninstall/reload and running the b17 and accusim installers as admin, it didn't give me the error but also didn't recognize my FSX install directory. Once installed, I ran the newest A2A update from here, and it updated my plane. But as I said, I have no crew interaction, no "YAAAWN, g'mornin captain" no "raise your RPM's" no "tailwheel is up" no "found something on the radio" and no radio for that matter. After a flight, my airframe time resets back to 0.0. If I swap to a different paint, the airframe time again will reset to 0.0.

A uninstall and reinstall of the b17 doesn't change things. Tried it before and after running the update.

I'll still enjoy the aircraft guys. It's all good.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

It sounds like your security is set to quite high on your system and this may be preventing the files being written. When running are you running the installers are admin via right clicking and selecting run as admin?

thanks,
Lewis

dafraz48
Airman First Class

Post by dafraz48 »

Anyway, I've been working on this. It's actually one of the Forts converted to the F-9C configuration for photo recon. Bout done, need to do the spec files still.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Nice 8) Interesting about the Photo recon part

thanks,
Lewis

new reply

Return to “B-17 Flying Fortress”