Prepar3d v3

A Living Legend
dahunn
Airman

Prepar3d v3

Post by dahunn »

I bought this plane a long time a go for FSX, would it work for prepard3 v3?
thinking about upgrading to prepar3d.....But i love the B17:)

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Prepar3d v3

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

the Accu-sim B-17 is an FSX simulation, it may or may not work in P3D, it is not designed for the P3D platform and the files are FSX native, not P3D native formats. Whilst we have some users who use the sim in P3D it is not officially supported.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

dahunn
Airman

Post by dahunn »

ok thx or the reply.

rodtod11
Airman

Post by rodtod11 »

I just tried it in P3D v2.5. So far it works. No guarantee's.

iceman14555
Airman

Post by iceman14555 »

I just tried to install my B17 into P3D V3, but it will not install. Keeps telling me that my FSX is corrupt and that I need to reinstall FSX. However, the accusim P51 installed no problem.

reflected
Master Sergeant

Post by reflected »

dahunn, are you the dahunn from the Hellequins? In that case, good to see you here! :) If not, still, enjoy flying this beautiful B-17!

dahunn
Airman

Post by dahunn »

reflected wrote:dahunn, are you the dahunn from the Hellequins? In that case, good to see you here! :) If not, still, enjoy flying this beautiful B-17!

Indeed i am, Nice to see you to :) Have good memories flying with the hellequins :)

Yes still simming, doing some dcs lately, just checking out if it is worth buying prepar3d v3...since i have some fsx add-ons.

BOZ
Airman

Post by BOZ »

That corruption message is because you didn't copy the FSX.exe into your P3D V3 folder. I got the same message but once I did that it installed just fine. Flew it around a bunch yesterday and everything seems to work great including 8 Saitek BIPs and all the other Saitek components. That was a nice surprise!

be77solo
Airman

Post by be77solo »

I too have flown it around a few hours in P3D v3 and everything seems to work great, no issues I could find.
A2A B-17, Comanche, Cub, Skylane, T-6, B377COTS & Connie
i7-6700K @ 4.5, NVIDIA GTX 1070, 16GB DDR4 and P3Dv4

iceman14555
Airman

Post by iceman14555 »

BOZ wrote:That corruption message is because you didn't copy the FSX.exe into your P3D V3 folder. I got the same message but once I did that it installed just fine. Flew it around a bunch yesterday and everything seems to work great including 8 Saitek BIPs and all the other Saitek components. That was a nice surprise!
What you're saying is I need to reinstall FSX, just copy and paste the FSX.exe over to the P3D root and then I can install the B17. Do I need to keep FSX on my system once that's done? or can I uninstall FSX again and just leave the exe in the P3D folder

Mazo
Technical Sergeant

Post by Mazo »

iceman14555 wrote:
BOZ wrote:That corruption message is because you didn't copy the FSX.exe into your P3D V3 folder. I got the same message but once I did that it installed just fine. Flew it around a bunch yesterday and everything seems to work great including 8 Saitek BIPs and all the other Saitek components. That was a nice surprise!
What you're saying is I need to reinstall FSX, just copy and paste the FSX.exe over to the P3D root and then I can install the B17. Do I need to keep FSX on my system once that's done? or can I uninstall FSX again and just leave the exe in the P3D folder?

edit: I copied over the fsx.exe and still I receive a corruption error. I cannot get the plane to install into P3d. How have you done this?
When you browse to your P3DV3 folder, double click on it. Click on "OK" and follow the rest on the A2A prompts. The aircraft will then install. Same for the Accu-Sim installation. I just went through this a couple of days ago.

You can safely leave the FSX.exe in your P3D folder - I have had this file in all versions of P3D and no adverse effects.

Hope this helps.
[*]2021 Jetline Systems GTX, [email protected], EVGA RTX 3080ti 12GB, 64GB Memory 3200MHz, Win11 64 Pro, P3DV5.3, FS2020

In memory of my fallen Brothers in Arms in Viet Nam - may they Rest in Peace.

Paul K
Technical Sergeant

Post by Paul K »

Make a dummy fsx.exe and place it in your P3Dv3 folder. The installer only needs to find a file named fsx.exe - it doesn't have to be the actual one from FSX.

Open Notepad, type anything you want in it - your name, your dog's name, anything. Save it in the P3Dv3 folder as fsx.exe. Job done

iceman14555
Airman

Post by iceman14555 »

Mazo wrote:
iceman14555 wrote:
What you're saying is I need to reinstall FSX, just copy and paste the FSX.exe over to the P3D root and then I can install the B17. Do I need to keep FSX on my system once that's done? or can I uninstall FSX again and just leave the exe in the P3D folder?

edit: I copied over the fsx.exe and still I receive a corruption error. I cannot get the plane to install into P3d. How have you done this?
When you browse to your P3DV3 folder, double click on it. Click on "OK" and follow the rest on the A2A prompts. The aircraft will then install. Same for the Accu-Sim installation. I just went through this a couple of days ago.

You can safely leave the FSX.exe in your P3D folder - I have had this file in all versions of P3D and no adverse effects.

Hope this helps.
Thanks for the help, I actually got it working right after I posted that last night. Hence, why i deleted my edit. Anyway, the problem of why it wasn't installing was, that for some reason, it was trying to create an FSX folder inside of P3D's root, and since the fsx.exe was in the P3D root and not the fsx folder, it was not reading. Got it cleared up and flew my B17 for a bit last night, works flawlessly. However, I did notice that the lights have a problem in P3D, the beacon and strobe light flash way too fast (like I'm at a rave party or something) and the nave lights look like they are floating off the wing.

Is there a work around for this or can a hotfix be published? I don't want to start tinkering with the aircraft files and screw the module up entirely.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

iceman14555 wrote:
Is there a work around for this or can a hotfix be published? I don't want to start tinkering with the aircraft files and screw the module up entirely.
The product is an FSX product it is not supported for use in P3D. There is an unfortunate myth that the two platforms are the same but as users are finding out and as each release of FSX Steam and P3D shows the platforms are different and are moving apart further each increment. This is why P3D Native simulations are not backward compatible and why FSX port overs suffer issues similar to when people moved FS2004 models over to FSX.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

dougal95
Airman

Post by dougal95 »

I would so love to get this working in v3. The A2A Accusim B17 has to be my absolute all-time favorite warbird.

Mine installs just fine in v3, and without Accusim its fine, but after installing Accusim, the engines won't start correctly (only number 1 starts), and even if i start them from 'windmilling', they 'stop-start stop-start'.

Obviously, I know its not supported, but if anyone has any ideas, I'd be grateful

cheers!

new reply

Return to “B-17 Flying Fortress”