Primer Pump

A Living Legend
new reply
Redlightning777
Airman

Primer Pump

Post by Redlightning777 »

Good Day Everyone,

I did a search and did not find anything pertaining to this issue.

After playing around with the wonderful spitfire and the P-51 I have a minor issue with the B-17.

1. The primer pump works great in both the spit and the P-51. The issue that I'm experiencing is that when I press the primer in the B-17 it seems a bit slow compared to the spit or the P-51 in animation speed (almost annoyingly slow).

2. When I do not wait for the primer pump to go all the way back down and click for another prime, the primer goes back up but there is no sound.

It was not an issue before I experienced the primers in your newer birds. Now after experiencing it correctly the action of the B-17 pump just does not seem like it should be working that way. Of course I could be wrong, and that is the way it is intended to work, or perhaps it is an issue with my installation. But to have to pump 4 engines 9 times each in cold weather gets quite tiresome when it is so slow to work and when the sound cuts out, I'm not even sure it pumped during that cycle.

If there is any other information that you may need from me.. please do not hesitate to ask. Thank you in advance for any information pertaining to this issue.

Also thank you guys for these fine realistic over the top accurate renditions of these fine WWII birds. I have the B-17 the B377 the Spit and the P-51 and you guys just keep raising the bar. I would buy any of my other payware AGAIN if they were to all of a sudden include all the attention to detail that you guys have incorporated into these fine planes.

Its also great to see other companies following in your companies footsteps, you guys have fantastic planes, fantastic features, fantastic service and support, a great community, and considering all the features and aforementioned pluses it makes 50 bucks a plane a steal! Thank you A2A.

willdart
Airman

Re: Primer Pump

Post by willdart »

I just went into my my B17 primer works normal.
Are all other systems working properly ?
William A Latta

CAPFlyer
A2A Aviation Consultant

Post by CAPFlyer »

The timing on the B-17 priming plunger is correct. It is not a "fast" operation for sure, but that's the way it is because of the long stroke that it has. You need to allow the plunger to fully depress before going again because you can get air in the system when you only partially depress the plunger (in the real world). Also, make sure that your fuel pumps are on before priming. If they are not, you cannot prime the engine. Finally, if you are operating in cold weather, also make sure you've diluted the oil prior to shutdown the previous flight as that will also make it seem like you are needing more priming to start the engine when in fact it's simply that the engine isn't turning over fast enough to overcome the dense oil.

Zgredd
Senior Airman

Post by Zgredd »

I was always wondering if primer in Spit/P40/PiperCub shouldn't have faster animation. I saw many movies where I saw much more faster movement.
For example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqrbtxcNqbM
It's a bit annoying to prime my Spit ;)

Kiwi Spitfire
Senior Airman

Post by Kiwi Spitfire »

Zgredd wrote:I was always wondering if primer in Spit/P40/PiperCub shouldn't have faster animation. I saw many movies where I saw much more faster movement.
For example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqrbtxcNqbM
It's a bit annoying to prime my Spit ;)
You are pushing a fluid through to a V12, 27 litre, hunk of awesomeness - you're not priming your lawn mower, it gonna take some time! :twisted:
ImageImageImageImageImage

ASUS Maximus VIII Hero Alpha | Intel i7-6700K@ 4.5Ghz O/C | G-Skill 16GB 2800MHz DDR4 RAM | Asus Strix 6GB nVidia GTX980ti | 512GB Samsung 950 Pro M2 | Phillips 32" Display | TrackIR |Win10 64bit.

Tug002
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tug002 »

My primer does the same thing, "no sound" if I am in a hurry. you just have to take your time. I find if it makes no sound you are not getting a full prime.

Tug :)

new reply

Return to “B-17 Flying Fortress”