Problems with the crew ...

A Living Legend
new reply
Hob
Airman Basic

Problems with the crew ...

Post by Hob »

Hello to all,
I have since a short time the problem that the crew don't enter the turrets when I give the order via the menu. I hear the response "yes, sir" but nothing happens. It's a little strange to me because in the first time with the plane, this feature worked wonderful - see the linked picture. Image

Meanwhile, as told it changed. I have no idea what happend. Has anyone from the board a idea what's to change?

Btw: A wonderful plane! I love it. A lot of available repaints - and my personal favorit: A bit o' lace. I know her from my time as Airfix-Modeller (ages are gone since that time). A dream came true. Image

Thank you A2A! Hob.

FAC257
A2A Master Mechanic

Re: Problems with the crew ...

Post by FAC257 »

Hob

If the top turret gunner is the one missing it may be that you are in the process of transfering fuel between tanks. The top gunner/flight engineer also has the fuel transfer duty. Anytime you turn on the fuel transfer pump you should see him down inside the cockpit facing backwards working with the fuel controls.

If this is the case, as soon as you turn the fuel transfer pump off he will move back up to the top turret.

FAC
FAC257

Hob
Airman Basic

Post by Hob »

Hello FAC,
I'm not only missing the top turret gunner. Also the ball turret and the chin turret don't move. Perhaps there is annother reason than fuel transfer. On the other side - until now I didn't used this feature during the flight.

Regards, Hob.

alfredo_laredo
Senior Airman

Post by alfredo_laredo »

This happened to me once after the Update, but apparently reloading the Aircraft fix the issue.
I havent tried to found the cause of this.
ASUS Z97-A, i7 7970K, Samsung Evo 840 256gb, GTX780, HDD 500GB, Patriot Series 5 RAM 8gb, Cooler Master M series 600W, Windows 7 64

Hob
Airman Basic

Post by Hob »

Hello alfredo_laredo,
thank's for the information. That worked also in my case. But a question: If I reload the Update - do I get the same problem again?

Richy
Airman Basic

Post by Richy »

Hi,

I had the same issue when I used a saved flight, before the patch. The crew didn't want to use the guns and I had also problems with recon lights always ON.
Since I always create a new flight I have no problem, I haven't try since the patch.

alfredo_laredo
Senior Airman

Post by alfredo_laredo »

Hob wrote:Hello alfredo_laredo,
thank's for the information. That worked also in my case. But a question: If I reload the Update - do I get the same problem again?

Havent tried this, i havent had enough time to fly lately.

Also Ricky is right FSX has issues loading saved flights, I think the safest way to load a saved flight is to do it from Inside the default flight, not the opening screen.
ASUS Z97-A, i7 7970K, Samsung Evo 840 256gb, GTX780, HDD 500GB, Patriot Series 5 RAM 8gb, Cooler Master M series 600W, Windows 7 64

new reply

Return to “B-17 Flying Fortress”