cessna lover

Re: SCREENSHOTS

Post by cessna lover »

that is a really nice picture matt. like your flying in the 40's :D

matt_smith
Senior Airman

Post by matt_smith »

cessna lover wrote:that is a really nice picture matt. like your flying in the 40's :D
Thanks, making the picture on my laptop it looked really good, then looking again on my desktop it looked too light lol. Time I guess to clean my laptop screen or try to get the brightness set properly :lol:

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tomas Linnet »

My newly aquired B-17G at Gander getting ready to cross the Atlantic. 20 hours on the airframe now. This include circuit work for familiarisation before leaving Seattle.
Time for the crossing is an estimated 9 hours depending on winds.
I'l take off with a full fuel loads, in case of head wind.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/n054lo9kk57vv ... H.jpg?dl=0
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

cessna lover

Post by cessna lover »

:shock: I can't get that much time out of mine. but I don't do ocean crossing flights any more. had enough of that when I was a virtual airline pilot. I stay in the states now 8)

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tomas Linnet »

Finally got my Fortress to Europe. During the crossing I drifted almost 100nm north of my planned route. It's taking a nap at Preswick for now. I'll remove the bomb bay tanks and take her further south later. In February I'll be doing some formation flying with another A2A B-17 and a Lanc in the CIX VFR Club. after that?? don't really know yet....
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

cessna lover

Post by cessna lover »

now that would be awesome to see. add in the military p-51 and WOW :D man I wish I could be apart of that flight :cry:

scaber
Airman First Class

Post by scaber »

Took my B-17 out for a bit of a flight the other day - I've been neglecting it for too long. Wow, I had 'forgotten' what a nice machine it is - everything ran smoothly - unlike my first few flights with the 17!

This was a short hop (71nm) from NZNS to NZWN just after daybreak. Thought others might appreciate the screen shots of my journey.

Been flying my A2A aircraft over the last few days and rather enjoying it all old chaps.

Took off just after dawn from NZNS, the airport just visible bottom left

Settling in for a steady flight.... Check the gauges, engage the autopilot, pour a coffee from the thermos flask...

Approaching the coast just north of Blenheim

Enjoying the view of The Sounds out through the port window - leave the co-pilot to keep an eye on things while I finish my mug of coffee

View back towards Blenheim somewhere in the murky dawn light

Waiting to catch a glimpse of Wellington. the sun shining into our eyes

Straight into the sun on long base leg

Starting a gentle turn for a left hand circuit approach to runway 16 - we were given special dispensation for this departure from the usual pattern!
Actually, you have probably guessed I made that last bit up - I hadn't noticed the wind direction until I turned onto finals for 34 so deviated a bit to the right and flew up the harbour entrance and turned left over Sommes island and continued on to 16!

Pretty sure the VATSIM folk would have said something to me if I had been flying with them, but then in that case I would expect the tower would have told me the correct information so the situation wouldn't have arisen!

A nice way to start the day; followed it up with a real coffee to enhance the experience of the virtual one during the flight!

cessna lover

Post by cessna lover »

:D nice shots scaber. I don't post many. cause I seen some one else flying the same 17 as me so there was no sense to post a pic. :lol:

scaber
Airman First Class

Post by scaber »

cessna lover wrote::D nice shots scaber. I don't post many. cause I seen some one else flying the same 17 as me so there was no sense to post a pic. :lol:

Thanks CL - yes, sometime I think like you do but ever now and then I post anyway and of course sometimes the shot is more than just the aircraft!

cessna lover

Post by cessna lover »

your welcome sir. but how is it more then just an aircraft? you got hot babes in your game :lol: :lol: :lol:

scaber
Airman First Class

Post by scaber »

cessna lover wrote:your welcome sir. but how is it more then just an aircraft? you got hot babes in your game :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ha ha, only in my dreams! But they are vivid dreams :shock:

cessna lover

Post by cessna lover »

:lol: we better get back to the pictures before we get in trouble :lol:

scaber
Airman First Class

Post by scaber »

cessna lover wrote::lol: we better get back to the pictures before we get in trouble :lol:
True, you're obviously a married man then!! :lol:

new reply

Return to “B-17 Flying Fortress”