MANUAL

A Living Legend
Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

MANUAL

Post by Lewis - A2A »

RAF Met Office is reporting most of Germany and France is socked in. The Front is moving slowly through but its looking like it may not be clear for around a week.

All passes for London will be honoured but those without will be on techincal lectures with the groups CO. If you want to bash jerry as much as I know you do we better get our heads stuck and know this fortress inside out!

Report to the Intelligence hut tomorrow morning and we can go over everything if you have any questions. Just bring a pencil, so long as you boys havent already burnt them in your digs stove,... I know its colder than alot of you boys are use to over here in 'ole England but dont worry I am sure you will get use to it.

Additional make sure you get the pre-written notes, and read up!

Make sure you right click and save as..
http://a2asimulations.com/public/downlo ... Manual.pdf

Boys, Inside this book is everything you will need to fly and survive in the B-17. Jerry isnt going to make it easy but this book will.

Feel free to post up any questions here, read up and know your aircraft. Just remember the walls have ears too!

We will keep you guys updated on the front over Europe, and as soon as the cweather starts to scatter we will be going up to give jerry the bloody nose he needs!
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

rosariomanzo
Staff Sergeant

Re: Days Op is scrubbed. '17 manual here.

Post by rosariomanzo »

Mouthwatering! :D
Ros

badaboom
Senior Airman

Post by badaboom »

:D :D Fantastic!!!! :D :D
Thank You Lewis!
Patrick

Boon1986
Staff Sergeant

Post by Boon1986 »

Oh my god................ :shock: :shock: :shock: GREAAATT CAN`T WAIT :mrgreen:
Thank You Lewis
PIC of:
GA: C172-/C182-/P28-180-/P250-/ -Accu-Sim
P250- / -Accu-Sim-2.0
WOS: B377-L049-COTS-/PJ3-/ -AccuSim
WOP: P40-/Spitfire-/B17-/P51-/ -AccuSim

Krycekuk
Staff Sergeant

Post by Krycekuk »

I love reading the excellent manuals A2A puts together for their various products. I've been reading this for the last hour, carefully re-reading selective bits to take all the information in. Really can't wait for the B-17 Accusim addon now :D Many thanks for putting in all the various diagrams and explanations that really help a sim only pilot (and real world electronics engineer) like me to understand the systems and to why things work the way they do. Bravo!

dutch506
Senior Airman

Post by dutch506 »

Excellent manual, Lewis! Boeing would be proud!
524 BMS, 379 BMW, WAFB, MI
346 TES/B-52 Test Flight
AFGA - RRVA

Image[/

guenseli
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by guenseli »

I've been reading this for the last hour, carefully re-reading selective bits to take all the information in.
That is veeeeery good.... I have heard, that at April the 1st, would be an A2A exam with questions about this manual to sort this customers out who are able to fly this bird and therefore allowed to buy it...

Roadburner426
Technical Sergeant

Post by Roadburner426 »

Thanks for the manual Lewis! I will be sure to look through it throughout the week. Got so many manuals to read over the last couple weeks. Best way to comprehend is through practice. 8) Hopefully that practice comes soon.
S. Jordan
AM; United States Navy
FSX/P3Dc4 Hours: 3100 and counting! All A2A birds in the hangar except the 172.

boris4356
Staff Sergeant

Post by boris4356 »

I just read the manual and this looks awsome! My only concern is whether it will be possible to add 2d gauges from the present WOP II B17 to the config file to make an undockable panel? Is everything built into the model in the Accusim version, and not possible to modify the config?

I understand that severely modifying the config file could damage accusim, but all I want to do is to be able to have gauges display on my other monitors. I don't need included 2D panels, just the capability to add my own.

I have an enclosed home cockpit with all the current switches wired in an overhead panel and glareshield, and can start and fly the B17 without touching the keyboard. I have 2 lower monitors that I display individual 2D gauges, and have the VC settings zoomed so I only see the window frame.

B17 Accusim looks like it would be a cockpit builders dream if it is user friendly in this area.

Thanks,
Bill

flyingfarmer
Airman

Post by flyingfarmer »

Feel free to post up any questions here...
That's what I'm doing! Three things:

1.) Can the autopilot only be operated via 2D panel or also directly from the VC?

2.)Do the gunners move their guns all the flight (as seen in the video?) Because I used to imagine I'm flying a restored aircraft today, when flying warbirds in sim...and these moving MGs, ready to fire...are a cool feature but it seems a little bit disturbing to me, when not flying war missions.

3.) The manual tells to avoid pivot turns. What's a pivot turn? Turning the plane on ground on its place? 360°? Well, isn't it an normal tail dragger operation? Why is it permitted?

(Sorry if my grammar isn't the best...learning english.)

MTFDarkEagle
Technical Sergeant

Post by MTFDarkEagle »

You got me dribbling now!!! :P :P :P
Lukas
ImageImage

guenseli
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by guenseli »

1.) Can the autopilot only be operated via 2D panel or also directly from the VC?
both

2.)Do the gunners move their guns all the flight (as seen in the video?) Because I used to imagine I'm flying a restored aircraft today, when flying warbirds in sim...and these moving MGs, ready to fire...are a cool feature but it seems a little bit disturbing to me, when not flying war missions.
Yes, the gunners do move during flight, but you are able to tell them to settle their stations.
So, If you just make a peacefull flight, just tell them not to enter their stations.
But they are ready every time...who knows what happens :wink:

3.) The manual tells to avoid pivot turns. What's a pivot turn? Turning the plane on ground on its place? 360°? Well, isn't it an normal tail dragger operation? Why is it permitted?
Its a tight curve.
You should avoid to scratch around the corner with differential brakes to often, because the braked wheel will be worn-out over time and then you have to replace the tire.
So its not really permitted, but if you ever have replaced a B17 tire, you know what heavy work this is... :wink:

some1 - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by some1 - A2A »

I understand that severely modifying the config file could damage accusim, but all I want to do is to be able to have gauges display on my other monitors. I don't need included 2D panels, just the capability to add my own.
You 'should' be able to add 2d panels from current WoP 2 B-17, but you will have to manually modify each gauge to read accusim variables. Otherwise they will show incorrect values. Plus you will still need accusim 2D panels and shortcuts to control many new features that were not avaliable in base Wop2 model.

Using two separate views for different monitors, one without VC, other with gauges in VC zoomed in may be a good alternative. Press '[' and position newly created window where you want.
Autopilot is fully functional in VC and has a dedicated subview defined, but it is located in very inconvenient place, that's why it also has nice 2D panel with graphics. It also has custom keyboard shortcuts.
Michael Krawczyk

flyingfarmer
Airman

Post by flyingfarmer »

Thanks for the fast answers, guenseli and Mike. :wink:

boris4356
Staff Sergeant

Post by boris4356 »

some1 - A2A wrote:
You 'should' be able to add 2d panels from current WoP 2 B-17, but you will have to manually modify each gauge to read accusim variables. Otherwise they will show incorrect values. Plus you will still need accusim 2D panels and shortcuts to control many new features that were not avaliable in base Wop2 model.

Using two separate views for different monitors, one without VC, other with gauges in VC zoomed in may be a good alternative. Press '[' and position newly created window where you want.

Thanks for your reply Mike! This is encouraging news! How do you modify a gauge to read accusim variables? I will have to try the other method of creating a new window for the gauges. I have tried it before for a scenery view, but it killed framerates though.

Thanks,
Bill

new reply

Return to “B-17 Flying Fortress”