B-17 Enclosed Home Cockpit Project

A Living Legend
Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: B-17 Enclosed Home Cockpit Project

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Nice, thanks for updating us Bill. Its nice to see it in use and the maintenance and ongoing service to the bits and bobs. Interesting to see the designs evolve through real world use :mrgreen: 8)

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

boris4356
Staff Sergeant

Post by boris4356 »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Nice, thanks for updating us Bill. Its nice to see it in use and the maintenance and ongoing service to the bits and bobs. Interesting to see the designs evolve through real world use :mrgreen: 8)

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
Thanks Lewis!
I have flown for over 5000 hrs in this cockpit now, and there is definitely a lot of maintenance required. Switches wear out and need replacing, and things need to be adjusted and tightened up over time. There is always something to troubleshoot and fix.

Bill

Raceguy
A2A Mechanic

Post by Raceguy »

Hi Bill

Great update! I don't have as many hours in my P-51 pit but can agree that maintenance is required from time to time.

Take care
Ed

If at first you do succeed, try not to look too surprised!

boris4356
Staff Sergeant

Post by boris4356 »

Raceguy wrote:Hi Bill

Great update! I don't have as many hours in my P-51 pit but can agree that maintenance is required from time to time.

Take care
Ed
Thanks Ed!

I have never been to the P-51 forum, so I was unaware of your pit. I went over and had a read, and I was absolutely amazed! The quality of your work is fantastic! You truly are a wizard of wood!

If anyone that is following my thread hasn't seen it, I highly recommend going to the P-51 forum and check it out!

Bill

Raceguy
A2A Mechanic

Post by Raceguy »

Thanks Bill!

Your build was an inspiration for me to build my P-51 pit. I enjoyed reading about how you got B-17 components working with the A2A plane in the sim.

Take care
Ed

If at first you do succeed, try not to look too surprised!

cfproudfit
Airman Basic

Post by cfproudfit »

Where did you find the lables for the throttle quadrent and or all the flight deck or how did you reproduce them. Looking on how to make them for a real B-17G cockpit the search is crazy to find a good picture and size of font let alone what the lables say

boris4356
Staff Sergeant

Post by boris4356 »

cfproudfit wrote: 20 Dec 2022, 23:01 Where did you find the lables for the throttle quadrent and or all the flight deck or how did you reproduce them. Looking on how to make them for a real B-17G cockpit the search is crazy to find a good picture and size of font let alone what the lables say
Sorry for the late reply. I reconfigured my cockpit to a General purpose cockpit keeping the shell and removing all the B-17 parts so I don't check this forum on a regular basis. I did this because a lot of the switches and controls were getting very old and worn out, and needed replacing. I was also using FSX and Win 7 and was experiencing issues with that so I upgraded to Win 10 and MSFS 2020.

I made the labels in Photoshop and I found the info doing a lot of searching. Somewhere in this thread I provided a link to download my labels, but I don't know if it is still valid or not. I don't have the PC they were on anymore, so I can't provide you with copies of my originals. With A2A not intending on doing a B-17 for MSFS 2020 there was on reason to keep anything.

I'm sorry I couldn't be of any help to you.

Bill

new reply

Return to “B-17 Flying Fortress”