Payload and Fuel Manager problem

A Living Legend
new reply
diggers33
Airman Basic

Payload and Fuel Manager problem

Post by diggers33 »

I cannot access the Payload and Fuel Manager using 'shift+4'. It remains blank. All of the other screens work OK. This has only occurred recently. I have run the Accusim B17 program for several years prior without this problem. Have tried a fresh download from my account and reinstalled without success. Shift+4 on my keyboard is $ sign and works perfectly. Can anyone help please.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Payload and Fuel Manager problem

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello and welcome.

If it's just the payload and fuel manager that isn't showing on command, I suspect that the Shift 4 key combo in FSX may have been remapped or is being intercepted by another piece of software. Please can you open FSX and under the control settings, check if "Panel window 4 (display/hide)" is currently assigned to "SHIFT + 4". (You'll find this under the "views" event category.)

If it is, please can you let us know if you have any other add-ons like FSUIPC installed.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

diggers33
Airman Basic

Post by diggers33 »

Yes, I suspected Shift+4 might already be allocated and I found and deleted panel window 4. I have Trackhat Opentrack installed and I note it uses FSUIPC. Is this significant?

diggers33
Airman Basic

Post by diggers33 »

Nick
I note that panel windows 1,2,3,5,6,7 etc use the same keys, shift + 1,2,3 etc but these all work in B17 which is confusing.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello,

I'm a bit confused by this part of your reply diggers33.
diggers33 wrote: 30 Apr 2022, 23:08 (...) and I found and deleted panel window 4.
Not sure exactly what you've deleted, but you need to make sure the "SHIFT + 4" keystroke is assigned to the "Panel window 4 (display/hide)" event in the FSX settings.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

diggers33
Airman Basic

Post by diggers33 »

I have reinstalled the command to panel 4 and am delighted to say the payload has returned.
Problem resolved. Don't know why it wasn't working before, must have been corrupted, but the reinstall worked.
Thankyou for your help Nick Cheers John

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

You're welcome John, thanks for the update and glad to hear the issue is resolved.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “B-17 Flying Fortress”