FSX crashes or freezes when loading the WoP3 Spitfire

Britain's premier front line fighter of World War II
new reply
gremlin.kees
Airman Basic

FSX crashes or freezes when loading the WoP3 Spitfire

Post by gremlin.kees »

Hi,

a few days ago I bought and installed the WoP3 Spitfire + AccuSim. Unfortunately whenever I tried to load one of the airplanes FSX in most cases crashed and in all the others frooze up and I had to stop it using the Task Manager. So what did I do next after reading some (but probably not all) of the threads in this forum:

- I de-installed and re-installed the lot;
- I re-installed only the WoP3 Spitfire, not the AccuSim;
- I re-installed the AccuSim again, followed by the accusim_fsx_core_update_v1.1 (don't know if this made any sense as I bought the pack after the updates release date);
- I installed the lower resolution textures using your wop3_spitfire_texture_swapper. Funny enough when using the MEDIUM setting the airplane directory remained unchanged, 152 files 338 MB. When using the HIGH settings the result was still 152 files but now 306 MB, with the only apparent difference in the textures in the texture.a and texture.b directories;
- I updated DirectX to the latest version of 11 using dxwebsetup;
- And I also re-installed DirectX 9 using the directx_Jun2010_redist available on your website. Apparently they can exist independently of each other under one operating system;
- Finally I looked into the sound.dll issue reported in this forum, but I could not figure our where to to look for what :twisted:.

As you will have guessed, FSX keeps on crashing and freezing up despite all my efforts.

I run FSX under Bootcamp on a 2010 iMac 27" with the following specifications:
- Operating system: Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1, the iMac runs under OS X Lion;
- Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 860 @ 2.80GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.8GHz;
- Memory: 8192 MB RAM (available OS Memory 3062 MB RAM);
- DirectX: Version 11;
- Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 4850.

Hope somebody can help me out.

Kees

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: FSX crashes or freezes when loading the WoP3 Spitfire

Post by Lewis - A2A »

The issue could be that you are running a mac?

Do you have a PC to try it on. The product is developed for FSX, which itself is developed for Windows PC's not for macs. Its hard to offer techinical support when operating outside the specs so to speak.
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Kees,

Can you clarify two things?

1. When you say "all the others frooze up" do you mean all the other Spitfire's froze up or all FSX planes?
2. Did you check to see if it was working prior to installing the Accu-Sim pack?

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

gremlin.kees
Airman Basic

Post by gremlin.kees »

Lewis - A2A wrote:The issue could be that you are running a mac?

Do you have a PC to try it on. The product is developed for FSX, which itself is developed for Windows PC's not for macs. Its hard to offer techinical support when operating outside the specs so to speak.
Hi Lewis,

I do have a "regular Windows PC running under Windows XP. It became "obsolete" so to say when FSX came out. I was looking at a slide show rather than a flight sim. However, FSX runs perfectly under Bootcamp/Windows 7 on the iMac. I have a number of commercial planes installed as well, all RealAir and SibWings and several FSD and CaptainSim planes and the PMDG747 to mention a few, all running to satisfaction. So I propose to ignore the fact that it concerns an iMac.

Regards, Kees

gremlin.kees
Airman Basic

Post by gremlin.kees »

Scott - A2A wrote:Kees,

Can you clarify two things?

1. When you say "all the others frooze up" do you mean all the other Spitfire's froze up or all FSX planes?
2. Did you check to see if it was working prior to installing the Accu-Sim pack?

Scott.
Hello Scott,

Ad 1: No, I meant that FSX crashes in most cases and freezes in the others (making it a 100% failure rate to start up) regardless of which of the Spitfire models I pick. All my other planes run as well as can be expected.
Ad 2: Yes, as said, I de-installed everything when I encountered the problem, to install only the plane again. Result was the same, so I think it is not related to the AccuSim.

Regards, Kees

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Okie dokie, in that case can you please check the operating system is fully updated + NET framework etc is installed + direct x 9c (latest version is latest version downloadable from MS. Direct x 9c was developed post dx10 and 11, so 9c is date dependant rather than name such as 9d, 9e etc. yes total confusion for us too :? )

gremlin.kees
Airman Basic

Post by gremlin.kees »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Okie dokie, in that case can you please check the operating system is fully updated + NET framework etc is installed + direct x 9c (latest version is latest version downloadable from MS. Direct x 9c was developed post dx10 and 11, so 9c is date dependant rather than name such as 9d, 9e etc. yes total confusion for us too :? )
Thanks Lewis,

Windows 7 critical updates are all installed. Also the DirectX 9c, downloaded it once more from MS but it is the same as the directx_jun2010_redist.exe I installed earlier form your website. So I'll concentrate on the dotNet for the time being. Any particular one that I need to look for (2.0, 3.5 and 4.0)?

Kees

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

just to be sure, grab them all.

Also, is the operating system 64bit? If so are you right clicking and making sure you 'run as administrator' the installers. This is best practice for software in 64bit win7 installs.

new reply

Return to “Supermarine Spitfire MKI”