Britain's premier front line fighter of World War II
new reply
Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief
Location: The South West of the large island off the north coast of Tasmania

ADF

Post by Killratio »

Hi all

Is there an easy way to add ADF functionality to the A2A Spitfire? I don't want to add it to the panel (I am building a simulator and have a "physical panel") just be able to tune an ADF whilst flying this model.

Thanks in advance
<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: ADF

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello Killratio I am not sure about your ADF question but, we do have plans to accu-sim our spit 'hopefully' so it may well change quite a bit. Since you are building a proper pit I just thought you might want to know.
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

letsgetrowdy
Senior Airman

Post by letsgetrowdy »

Scott, I was wondering have you done any thing with that spitfire V model you said you had in storage? If not, could you tell me a way how to simply edit the model file to
1) Add cannons
2) Lengthen the spinner.
These are the only two changes that would be needed to make the spitfire I into a spitfire V

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief
Location: The South West of the large island off the north coast of Tasmania

Post by Killratio »

Thanks Lewis, yes, I was aware and waiting patiently.

Since the real compass sends my dosimetre off the scale from 5 feet, I plan to put an ADF where it would normally go.
It would be nice to be able to tune it in teh A2A model as substitute for the 'Gee' like radio guidance the PRU used later on.

Anyway, loving flying this girl and looking forward to when I have the control column and throttle built into the sim...any day now.

cheers
<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

ROB - A2A
A2A Colonel

Post by ROB - A2A »

letsgetrowdy wrote:Scott, I was wondering have you done any thing with that spitfire V model you said you had in storage? If not, could you tell me a way how to simply edit the model file to
1) Add cannons
2) Lengthen the spinner.
These are the only two changes that would be needed to make the spitfire I into a spitfire V
I'm affraid this isn't enough to make V from I or even II.

regards
ROB
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “Supermarine Spitfire MKI”