Drop tank option on ME-109E?

The most mass-produced fighter of World War II
new reply
Colofalcon
Airman First Class

Drop tank option on ME-109E?

Post by Colofalcon »

Hi Scott,

I bought your WoP II P-51D and love it. I've all but decided to buy your ME-109E. Is an optional model included with a droptank?

Just wondered.

Kent

Colofalcon
Airman First Class

I took a chance...

Post by Colofalcon »

....and bought it...no drop tank. Given the ME-109Es short range, is it possible in your update pack you'll add a variant with a drop tank? Please? Otherwise, another great model.

Kent :)

Manta
Airman First Class

Post by Manta »

From what I know, Emils vers. E3 - E4 were not fitted with drop tank. I believe the first one was E4/B.

Cheers

ROB - A2A
A2A Colonel

Post by ROB - A2A »

Hi. E-7, E-8 and E-9 were the versions with drop tanks - the long range fighters.
There are the chances for drop tank version (E-7) in a future update however don't take it for 100% :)

regards
ROB
A2A Simulations Inc.

SD_Research
A2A Major

Re: Drop tank option on ME-109E?

Post by SD_Research »

Colofalcon wrote:Hi Scott,

I bought your WoP II P-51D and love it. I've all but decided to buy your ME-109E. Is an optional model included with a droptank?

Just wondered.

Kent
Unlimited fuel...

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

This Me109 is part of the "Solo" pack. This gives us an oppoortunity to do a single aircraft for much less than a full plane pack. The Emil already has two variants, which is something I didn't want to do for the Solo pack, but Rob was inspired to do it and went ahead, so we included it.

If we were to ever do a 109 plane pack, we would certainly include the tanks. I wish we could do everything, but we are a small company with limited resources, and choose to only do what we can do with the expected quality.

Like Rob said it may happen, but we're coming up against a tough Q1 and Q2 for 2007.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

ROB - A2A
A2A Colonel

Post by ROB - A2A »

Hey Guys, don't take me wrong. I'd like you to read this as "maybe" not "soon". We have plenty to do in near future. And later, too. :D

regards
ROB
A2A Simulations Inc.

SturmWerger
Airman Basic

Drop Tanks and Bomb racks????

Post by SturmWerger »

The "E-4/B" "Jabo" had the first center line fuselage bomb rack ( ETC 500) but is was for external ordinance, The center line external fuel tank appeared on the E-7,8, and 9

Besides, the White "6" Trop 109 on the solo download is actually painted and has the markings of an E-7 from 1/JG 27 stationed at Ain El Gazala in North Africa in October 1941. Plus the spinner is white and yellow, not black and yellow (according from the pictures I have)

SO....you've got your E-7 now....but without drop tank!!

new reply

Return to “ Messerschmitt BF109E3/E4”