Bf-109 Update and Texure Problems

The most mass-produced fighter of World War II
new reply
RadarRyder
Airman

Bf-109 Update and Texure Problems

Post by RadarRyder »

Dear Professionals,
I know that this has been covered in here before but for the life of me I can't seem to find it again. I purchased the Bf-109 back in March and the installs went fine. Must have because I flew it after the installs and all looked good and was good to go. I had to attempt a re-install, and the Bf-109 installer runs fine. But when I try to run the Bf-109 fix the installer tells me that it "can't find a valid FSX install". Then it asks me to type a path to a valid install of FSX, which I do then it tells me that it "can't find the Wings of Power II Me-109" and tells me to install that first. So.......here I am trying to figure this out and any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Respectfully,
RR

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil,....is for good men to do nothing."-Edmund Burke

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Bf-109 Update and Texure Problems

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

If you get that message when selecting the FSX file try going up a level as you may be going too far into the folder structure.

Also if it cannot find FSX it could be a corrupt registry entry, did you recently reinstall FSX?

Thanks,
Lewis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

RadarRyder
Airman

Post by RadarRyder »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Hello,

If you get that message when selecting the FSX file try going up a level as you may be going too far into the folder structure.

Also if it cannot find FSX it could be a corrupt registry entry, did you recently reinstall FSX?

Thanks,
Lewis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Lewis..........thanks for the quick response. I have not done a re-install of FSX, but I have fixed the problem with a freeware FSX registry repair tool. I think I got it from Flight 1. Now all is good as far as I can tell. I was able to get the patch to install and my new Bf-109 displayed "good to go" in the FSX preview window. Will test it out in flight tomorrow, and will re-contact if any issues.

Many Thanks
RR
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil,....is for good men to do nothing."-Edmund Burke

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Great stuff, the reg repair tool would have been my next post 8)

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

RadarRyder
Airman

Post by RadarRyder »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Great stuff, the reg repair tool would have been my next post 8)

thanks,
Lewis

Howdy Lewis,
The 109 is on station and reporting up to the second!! I was also able to put the FS9 textures into my FSX 109 by putting an ( _t) at the end of each texture in the folder, thanks to additional instructions that I also found on the A2A site. Now I have approximately 50 repaints for my 109 and they all look great!!! Ya'll do an excellent job over there and we simmers are all very grateful.

RR

lucas
Staff Sergeant

Post by lucas »

Cool that you solved it. And yes, the Emil is fantastic. Even if the plane does not have all those modern "bump maps" or "specular maps" it is a top notch model with fantastic "old school" texture work. And there are tons of repaints as you have already mentioned!

* ...and that was my first A2A plane :)

RadarRyder
Airman

Post by RadarRyder »

lucas wrote:Cool that you solved it. And yes, the Emil is fantastic. Even if the plane does not have all those modern "bump maps" or "specular maps" it is a top notch model with fantastic "old school" texture work. And there are tons of repaints as you have already mentioned!

* ...and that was my first A2A plane :)

Rgr that sir..........I love this plane!! Gonna have to place a landing light effect on it though. I like to fly FSX day and night so the Emil is gonna need to light up that runway!! :D :D :D :D

new reply

Return to “ Messerschmitt BF109E3/E4”